Jamuary 2023

Happy new year!! Day 1 - I nearly ran out of time on day 1 but managed to find 15 mins to throw together a very quick DnB inspired loop.

My plan this year is to try a different tempo each day to keep things interesting and force me to break out of just doing 125-130bpm techno loops. Went fast-ish today with a 160bpm DnB groove.

https://youtube.com/shorts/soi9-BO-YN0?feature=share

3 Likes

First one down. Quick video.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Lennart Verhoeff (@pixeltuner)

And audio for the non socialmediants

12 Likes

Happy New Year all!
I started off this year’s Jamuary with Syntakt. Stay safe and have fun! :blush:

9 Likes

Happy New Year Elektro :slight_smile: nauts !
Day 1 - MD into A4, stereo out recorded.

14 Likes

First jam of the year. Always a good feeling.

12 Likes

Gorgeous! Great start!

1 Like

A little lopsided in that stuff really starts happening half way. I’ll try again tomorrow.

8 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

I’m giving Jamuary a go. I’m doing it exclusively on the Model:Cycles and just creating one pattern per day, all in the one project. They aren’t really “jams” in the sense of being improvisations but are constructed quickly and with a sense of spontaneity and quick decision making. Will be interesting to listen to them all at the end of the month.

4 Likes

)

7 Likes

Great starts here everyone!

3 Likes

first year participating in Jamuary, looking forward to lots of fun tunes! made this with my m8 and hydrasynth

8 Likes

I probably won’t manage something something everyday but I’ll do as much as I can - I’ve really enjoyed the last couple of Jamuarys. Winter’s the perfect time to hide out in the studio and make some noise.

First jam of the year is one synth line on my eurorack system, another voice from the Octatrack, and the Acidlab Drumatix on drums.

9 Likes

A silly low effort one to start it off:

Last time I did this was 2019 I think and it was a pretty fun exercise.

6 Likes

Sorry for the out-of-page listen (non Sound Cloud) but my bro and I signed up on Bandlab just for this and to keep it going for the month.

*Edited to include Soundcloud

It’s a monotonous (sorry) Strega Jam.

4 Likes

Great distorted feedback!

1 Like

Well, this is my first and last Jamuary track. It is as I feared, an okay idea executed poorly, and I was running out of time in the day to upload.

Im at the point in production, where it isn’t easy to arrange, but I have a good enough ear to know when my shiz isn’t it.

I think I’m gonna chill on this.

8 Likes

jamuary 01: pattern chaining on analog keys w/microbrute and peavey sp feeding into AK input L/R, recorded straight through OB into (computer).

jamuary is very educational w/r/t the reality of how much time, energy, skill, dedication, and practice this can really take. a few hours on a weekend evening (see above) is really so short…

7 Likes

I’m going to try and use this years Jamuary as a chance to explore the Octatrack outside the live looping I normally use it for - I’ve been thinking about buying an SP404mk2, or MPC 1000 and want to first see if I can do what I want with the Octatrack to save me some money :sweat_smile:

I recorded this yesterday but fell asleep before I could upload it … Inspired by Octatrack realtime guitar processing challenge, a pickup machine layering (too much) guitar, with a couple of Flex tracks live resampling the audio, and a very basic beat underneath. Recorded into Zoom H6, then some mild mastering applied in Ableton. It felt like it took a lot longer than it should but I learnt a lot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

Metropolix dual sequences, same note pool, lead running on normal clock, and bassline running on /8 clock so slower than the lead.

7 Likes