Jamuary 2023

@elek-trick @BLKrbbt thanks for the kind words :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

Day 8: A friend had posted a cover of “every time the sun comes up” and I did a Deluge version (before realizing who the original artist is - Sharon Van Etten)

A fun tune, very catchy melody :slight_smile:

10 Likes

got something together today, im very anxious because my partners cat is having emergency surgery across the country right now. i love that little buddy so much, it helped to think about a beat since theres nothing i can do to help.

update: he made it through just fine and is currently recovering, hooray bilson!

7 Likes

Oh, the OT isn’t sequencing the OP-1, the audio from the OT is running into the line-in and the nitro filter is on the master FX, then the audio goes out over USB-C for recording.

1 Like

jamuary 2023 day 8 —

sampled local PBS television into the Roland W-30 and then sequenced & effected it with the Digitone.

also have been practicing controlling the digital filter on the W-30 via aftertouch (or breath controller) from :3lektron: sequencer (LFO / trigless trigs). it’s obtuse to set up on the W-30, but once it’s set up, it works well & the DN knobs are really fun for tweaking the ancient Roland digital filters :slight_smile:

ran into some issues with DN sometimes ignoring my Delay Send settings on Input R but

…couldn’t figure out whether this was a Digitone bug (haven’t upgraded to 1.40 yet) or what. may have been related to chaining an empty pattern at the end (?) or doing a Main page copy/paste (?), not sure. maybe fixed in 1.40…?

After wasting (?) an hour or so on this problem, I made sure every pattern (including the empty one) had the proper settings for Input R Delay Send, rebooted both systems a few times, saved to new project a few times, and the problem stopped happening…

5 Likes

Had power outage for 12.5 hrs but managed to get more time on hapax, virus ti2 and Oberheim and figure out how to assign MIDI A and MIDI B to the Virus TI2 parts and OB X8.
Really great combo two powerful poly synths where digital meets analog.

4 Likes

reminds me of the old Art of Noise albums! Nice job sounds ace.

1 Like

Nice! Definitely has a wumpscut vibe to it,

1 Like

Eurorack and Ciat-lonbarde Sidrax duet. A Serge-inspired patch on the eurorack makes the basis of the track and the Sidrax is played on top.

4 Likes

Godspeed to that sweet kitty, I hope the surgery goes well. Love the jam!!

thank you, he made it through! we are very relieved.

3 Likes

I don’t like it, but I got it in just before 12 :sweat_smile:

Got carried away with Morphagene, but it never came together.

8 Likes

Thanks! Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in years. Time for a trip down memory lane :blush:

Yeah that’s a proper wonky dubbed out siren! I kinda like the delay, is it the Erica BBD module? Hard to make out with the high contrast image.

Jamuary #9
Prophet getting disgusting with a TR8S beat.

7 Likes

Great sound! What are you using to distort?

1 Like

Prophet 6 has a dedicated distortion knob!

EDIT.
I love her so much.

1 Like

Jamming on a little piano riff I came up with. Things got jazzy.

3 Likes

I’ve got an '08 that I sometimes think about selling, I plug it in, play a few chords and then respectfully place it back in its storage location. Dave Smith knew how to synth.

1 Like

My progression was based on polyphony.

I got the Moog Grandmother, because of Mike Dean. monophonic

Then wanted to complete the Moog SemiModular collection with the Matriarch…
4 voice paraphonic

Then i realized how hard it is to play chords with all the voices sharing the filter.

So what do you get if you want true polyphony? A Prophet. And I chose the 6 because of the stereo filter and analog path. it gets crunchy, while also channeling some John Carpenter.

1 Like

Been too busy to post here everyday but the jams have been done in time so far :wink:

day 6

“Wonder Under” is an action/exploration game which put the player in Arne Saknussemm’s shoes. Your goal : progress into a maze of caves and find the center of the earth.
Gear : modular synth

day 7

In “Control++” your are the IT of a spaceship with many software issues. You have to scroll though thousands lines of codes and debug them. A game for the very very well informed public!!
gear : modular synth + MnM

day 8

“RAE JST” (pronounce “ray joust”) is a game in which ou have only one boss to fight : the longest, ever created! It will adapt and evolve depending on your gamestyle and will not let you rest for one second.
gear : MD + MnM

7 Likes