Jamuary 2021 - Post your jams here

In a word, Finesse.

@Microtribe Thanks!

a quick one that wasn’t so quick to make, much to my wife’s annoyance.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKs6IJrh_Ri

When your mate comes over to film your last Jamuary session and it turns out great!

4 Likes

MD, TOM and TD3

Just did a quick test of full modular impro on twitch. Really liked the experience, might do this a couple of times a week.

All sound coming from modular, Akai force as a mastering tool + loop recorder + master filter “a-la-dj”. No sequence were pre define, only the starting “song”.

Enjoy and let me know what you guys think!

Some Janet Jackson to close out the month. I wanted to try the new arturia juno chorus on the dx7, but I ended up liking the Tal U-No chorus more.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKtcWavKMuS/?igshid=1ai44ay9999nj

Final Jam with epic Finger Drumming for the ages and a superb use of Elektron Gear :

31! Made it through :slight_smile: For the final jam I thought I’d spotlight one of my fav bits of kit, the Volca Drum. Every single sound is made by the Drum and sampled into the 707.

Normally I just jam around without cam or so… So this is my very first attempt to make a Jam video.

2 Likes

My last two jams :slight_smile: again, using only the Deluge.

Probably - learning the probability functions on my Deluge and trying to make dirty drums sound even dirtier.

FiveTet - upbeat lil number with a twist. Had fun seeing where I could take the same line by messing with the synth engine

Very grateful to have this opportunity/motivation to be creating music. It was:

1. fun, healing, and needed
  2. a reframing of what a track can/can’t be
  3. a way to connect to this community
  4. a confidence builder to myself as a solo musician/song writer
  5. a way to learn my gear (the Deluge) in constructive, creative ways
5 Likes

and anita makes 31 jams…

this has been a cool challenge. i learned a lot about music production but spent less time with hardware. good job, everyone!

Five Tet is cool! I expected it to go more full on in the second half, that was a nice surprise!
I would say your 5 points about jamuary are also true to me but I haven’t learnt much about your gear this month :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 31 and I’m done. Cheers everyone for your feedback. Hopefully now I’ll have some time to check out some of the jams on here I missed.

5 Likes

Hello!
I could not make something everyday but I have a few jams. It was great taking part in it for the first time. I hope I can make it daily next year.
(Not everything in this playlist includes Elektron stuff though, but most of it does :+1:).

Thanks :blush: I didn’t expect it to go there either lol! But that’s the beauty of this framework - just make a decision and let it be.

Really like your last jam! I’m a sucker for ambient noises and stripped down mixes. Enjoyed your visual format throughout this series, keep it up! :yellow_heart:

Well before ejecting my Deluge SD card, I found one more jam… the month that keeps on giving :rofl:

2 Likes
1 Like

Absolutely! I’m sure most of my jams would have taken very different directions had I more time to work on them. This one-thing-a-day thing is an interesting way to work and I’m so glad I’ve taken part.

Thank you (again!) for your kind words - I originally wanted to make the last jam using only ambient sounds. That didn’t obviously happen but there is quite a few in there!

I’ve just listened to your bonus jam - I had headphones on and all the panning and movement in it was really nice!