Jamming Online in different place all over the world (Ninjam, Jamtaba, Koord) + alternative

Perform In REALTIME With Friends Over The Internet In SYNC | Ninjam / ABL (Reaper, - Daw…) / Jamtaba / Koord

Softwares involved :

Enjoy ! it’s very cool

NB: it’s better to create a private server and make your sessions are loaded from both sides with every VST and Hardware Gears you need before to sync your online session. But both sides need computer. (for now)

Warning : only VST version not AU apparently

And 2 bars difference just checked at the end of the video John tiling about making a build-up and a drop where you would have to drop 2 bars before so everyone can hear that in time. But appart from that technology start to gives us so much opportunity to collaborate … it’s amazing I wait that for so long I remembering OHM Studio attempts from OHM Force … and now it’s not the futur it’s there.
A server last 2 hours then you need to boot a new one. Maybe on a paid thing it’s possible longer I don’t know

2 Likes

The sync happen the dj way by ears with metronome and the Ableton Live nudge functionality - but when sync is tight it doesn’t drift away too fast… (if sessions are loaded from both sides with every VST and Hardware Gears you need before to sync your online session)

Also I find that pretty cool
It can record audio as multitrack from the server from the online jam session (better option for that with Reaper) :

Warning : only VST version not AU apparently

And 2 bars difference just checked at the end of the video John tiling about making a build-up and a drop where you would have to drop 2 bars before so everyone can hear that in time. But appart from that technology start to gives us so much opportunity to collaborate … it’s amazing I wait that for so long I remembering OHM Studio attempts from OHM Force … and now it’s not the futur it’s there.
A server last 2 hours then you need to boot a new one. Maybe on a paid thing it’s possible longer I don’t know

For hardware you will have to drift sync the old school way… (I don’t know how a clock box like E-RM Multiclock could help here maybe it would… by removing this step…)

Alternative:

If you know some alternative just write into this thread and gives setup and you thoughts.
There’s a time where OHM Force release OHM Studio it was kind of the same idea and I was very interested by it.

While the dream started in 1999, the code started in 2007 and the release of Ohm Studio happened in 2013

I guess a web server with sync is cool… for jamming sure not best for production and polished track into the daw. Maybe we need notes, chat or audio to speaking together or something like that…

Alternative are :

https://irisate.com

https://jamkazam.com

https://audiomovers.com/ suggest by @sndrsklr

I used this a few weeks ago and it worked very well. But we didn’t use any synchronization since except for me the others were instrumentalist and we just jammed together and exchanged stems afterwords for a proper mix. Connection was solid and latency wasn’t a problem.

https://audiomovers.com/wp/

1 Like

Thanks for the hint !

1 Like

I got this in my mailbox yesterday, will test it out hopefully during this week. It´s free for now.

2 Likes

It’s not techno with a midi clock but during the pandemic I reconnected with my highschool rock band and we jam using a private jamulus server. Software is free, Https://jamulus.io

2 Likes

I’m testing it (learning it) right now, looks cool.

More and more plugins to collaborate on a piece of music by internet, a lot of forum topics where we post bits of pieces. Is there anyone who has created a site for people to post their bits and pieces and has other people online who likes the basic idea of working together to finish this original idea ?

and that two protagonists release the tracks in their two names. (50% 50% - win / win)

Any thoughts, ideas, link of something already existing online ?

Jamtaba 2 works standalone. We use it every week :+1:

3 Likes

oh great to know thanks

1 Like

I am working on something in this space, it is like Ableton Live meets Google Docs meets Codepen.io.

I have three big features remaining before I open an early beta, sign up to my newsletter if you want to keep informed:

4 Likes

subscribe under my alias tekinovah
thanks

when you’re set please do a thread or a post here to explain your project, how it will work etc… cheers

1 Like