Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

MD really is king of that type of percussion

that’s lush, really good!

I’m loving this thread :heart:

1. It keeps me away from ‘your setups’ & ‘latest purchases’
  2. I really struggle with making finished tracks but I love coming up with loops & patterns like these
7 Likes

Still sounds too happy. I am aiming for a much darker sound. Practise practise practise!

Half an idea. Playing with convolution reverbs and modulated everything in Bitwig. DFAM controlled by the A4, mutilated drum samples and various metal gizmo samples as well.

5 Likes

Do you have any thing released? The clips you are putting on this thread would make a fine album.

2 Likes

unfinished backing track. AR2 in song mode sequencing Behringer Neutron, Pro 1 and Model D.

2 Likes

More and more plugins to collaborate on a piece of music by internet, a lot of forum topics where we post bits of pieces. Is there anyone who has created a site for people to post their bits and pieces and has other people online who likes the basic idea of working together to finish this original idea ?

and that two protagonists release the tracks in their two names. (50% 50% - win / win)

Any thoughts, ideas, link of something already existing online ?

Can you reply on this more appropriate thread in here :

more nord lead 4 sequenced by octatrack. octatrack randomizing the notes via lfo. ableton limiter added.

nord built-in reverb removed toward the end for comparison.

5 Likes

Thanks! But I’m not really good at finishing tracks and that’s why I’m still searching for my way to arrange these loops or jams. Using Renoise as a main clock, synchronized recorder, an arranger and external automation machine for OT and MD sounds quite a good hybrid solution for me and I’m building a template for this.

OT as a main hub with MD-ND2-Lyra-8.

4 Likes

Nice… the Nord reverb sounds legit.

Yeah. In typical Nord style it sounds great but so few options. Of course it sounds good so why do I want the options so much? It’s like Clavia is messing with us ha ha.

1 Like

Response to a challenge to produce a sound comparable to Tommy Four Seven’s Hornet. Just 2 or 3 hours work, could add a lot of fine tuning, little noises, etc, and of course make it full length, but I like the result:

All AR and a touch of Eventide Space. A little editing in Ableton.

4 Likes

I wish my Nord had a reverb. Nice

My then-2-week-old son was very taken with this, and it’s still the only music he seems to notice.
Yesterday I played it for him many times in our morning play, and he stayed calm throughout!

3 Likes

Another ambient study, this time with a borrowed handpan

3 Likes

AR only
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPQ6lgoBGjc

DN only
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPQ8ZP2BNgl/

ugh, if someone knows how to embed Insta, LMK, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This one needs an introduction just so you know I wasn’t just making noise.

@joeyfivecents ok, thatˋs exactly what I am gonna tell my neighbours next time - including the technical description of my newest patch :tongue: :wink:

drums and arps from Novation nova over ambient pad from Modor NF1m

5 Likes

This is exactly how the Modor NF-1 sounds in my head.

1 Like