Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

I already have one and this thread makes me want a second one

16 Likes

I can’t work out how to search for this, so I’ll ask here….

Can you plock modulation, fx adjustment etc - but no note info, then press play on the sequencer and play in live notes that will be effected by the plocks? Does that even make sense? I don’t even know if it would be worth doing, just thinking our loud….

1 Like

If you hold Func and press a Trig, you will have a Trigless Lock (or Trigless Trig) and that Trig (yellow) won’t play a Note. You can then P-Lock parameters on that Trig.

3 Likes

Sorry, yes, Trigless Lock with Plocks.

But can you then play notes in via a midi controller (not trig notes), and these triggless locks effect the live playing?

My brain is mush at the moment, so I’m probably not explaining this very well

I understand perfectly what you mean. I think so but will confirm in a few minutes.

1 Like

Thanks man. Covid 3 weeks ago and i can’t shift the brain fog

2 Likes

Guys guys, the A4 is trash, especially the Black MkII. One of you guys should sell me yours. All the music I make is trash so it’s a perfect fit.

8 Likes

Oh no, hope you’re getting better. That’s why you were quiet the past weeks.

3 Likes

Just tried with a DN and it worked.

1 Like

I’m definitely thinking about getting an A4 ever since this thread started, especially after reading about that amazing filter feedback trick. But I already have an octatrack and a Nord Drum 3p, so I was thinking about getting a Nord Lead A1 for melodic duties. I do really like the sound and simplicity of the A1 but the possibilities of the A4 appeal to me as well (and again that filter feedback trick…). Which one would you recommend?

Thank you!!

It may be pointless, but it’s something I’d like to try.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this. I hope it lifts soon!

1 Like

I would not be opposed to adding a second one to my setup at all. The possibilities…

But probably a Rytm first to give my drums a bit more spice.

I love the flurry of renewed interest, possibly due in part to this thread. I feel like the A4 flies way, way under the radar. I wonder if it’s because of the misperception by many that it’s supposed to be a poly synth. As a four-voice mono-synth, I think if it were released today it would blow people away with its abilities. And it’s been out for what, ten years!? That’s crazy.

I also love this thread because it can renew interest in the A4 for people who already have an A4. Sometimes we need reminded the gear we already have is pretty freakin’ brilliant.

14 Likes

I’d had it in the back of my mind for a couple of years, especially since the mk1 used price plummeted. Actually I went over an old thread on watmm from almost exactly 7 years ago, where I said “I’ll probably end up buying one eventually” lol

This thread did help to push me over the edge though :smiley:

For me, it’s the learning process that the people dislike. If it’s not immediate and easy, 90% of the people will look for an easier alternative.

5 Likes

Another good thread for A4/AK appreciation:

1 Like

i tested one once at a synth product show, they had it on the booth speakers i was having a blast on it, knowing the elektron sequencer and being able to operate that on a synthesizer (only got a rytm) i turned around and people were all watching me… embarrasing

2 Likes

Quick attempt at 909 tom and snare sounds… I’m surprised I managed to get them this close!

11 Likes

Now I want to listen to Portishead.

8 Likes