Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

The chorus on this thing. So wild. I’m modulating the pre-delay heavily with a 1k square wave and wearing headphones and it sounds exactly like one of my least favorite sounds in the world, which is more than one irritated bee in my apartment simultaneously.

With headphones it sounds like they’re inside my head though, which somehow feels far less intimidating.

13 Likes

Chorus with feedback max and plocking predelay is where it’s the most fun IMO.
It makes the FX track a 5th one :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Indeed!! There is incredible sonic potential in the FX track. Overlooked it for years.
This synth is absolutely mad. It looks so innocent. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You can even use the 6th track to output audio back I to the audio in, and create kicks from CV envelopes…

4 Likes

You mean by pinging the filter?

No, only the CV signals trigged from CV track, back into audio.

Here for use as a sub:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I’m very much interested in understanding this device as a whole and it just seems like new ways to use it always come up when I think I know something hehehe. :slight_smile:

Testing it right away!!

edit:

Got it working and in the process of trying to understand how it’s supposed to happen I learned some other new techniques as well.

When setting the track 1 osc to input L there are so many ways to have all kinds of interesting amplitude fluctuations going on.

This instrument is basically a modular that consists of synths instead of per function modules. The routing possibilities are almost endless.

So cool! Thanks again buddy!!

3 Likes

Well that’s funny… I actually tried the CV kicks yesterday, too. Needs a bit of tweaking to sound acceptable to be honest, but it’s big fun – even when it starts clipping. :grimacing:

What voltage range do you set for these ideally? Does it make sense to have a bi-polar range from -5V to +5V for example?

Next level for me would be feeding CV back into control inputs for “side-chaining” or any kind of additional modulation.

1 Like

Here are a few settings I had written down back then.

Beware of the voltage btw.

5 Likes

Thanks, your detailed post was very helpful indeed! Seen that already before, of course. :wink:

2 Likes

Just in case you’ve missed it, this thread has a lot of tricks…

7 Likes

I’ve just been trying this on my old AK. Had no idea you could use Func+CV buttons to change the type of output, I thought they were fixed! Managed to get some raw oscs generated by the CV LFO coming into track 1 but they’re pretty buzzy with metallic overtones, bit-reduced kind of sound to them. Guess this is just the resolution of the clicks. Not too bad with a some filter overdrive, cool trick to know but not something to rely on as a sound source :slight_smile:

I did manage to make some nice kicks though…

9 Likes

Same here! Nice. Still no idea how to get rid of that higher pitched noise, though. I wish there‘d be a cleaner tone.

It’s sounding a bit better with tri shape LFO. Or random for noisy „snares“.

Will need to tweak a bit more.

1 Like

My Analog Four has this to say:

11 Likes

Here we go. A4 CV_A track sounds fed into track 1 via Osc1. Gradually applying delay and filter and just noodling around. Adding 2nd oscillator around 1:50. Kick and hats on track 3+4. Boom.

[crossposting from current sounds. because… :slight_smile:]

8 Likes

A. Nice!

B. Is your A4 black with grey buttons? what is this witchcraft?

Thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, it’s just black with black buttons and weird light :wink:

2 Likes

holy fuckin shit I had no idea you could save a sound with the arp on and the recall it this fuckin changes everything (not really but wow)

2 Likes

oxygenic analog four (just a short)

25 Likes

Last night I was playing the A4 with a keyboard via midi, and wow it’s quite a different experience. I’m no great key-pusher, but just a simple filtered single-saw sound feels really nice to play polyphonically.

The keyboard I was using is a Hydrasynth Deluxe, so next I tried to recreate the A4 sound there. I’ll wasn’t able to get very close even though there were very few modifications on top of the saw oscillator. I did enable warm mode, analog FL, and the random phase setting on the hydra.

I bought the hydra thinking it would be a solid synth and useful as a poly AT controller, but now I’m thinking of selling it and saving for a trigon or some other analog poly.

In the meantime, going to make sure I keep a keyboard connected to the A4 because wow.

4 Likes