Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

The only thing I was sorry about was it ending! I was ready for the next transition! Excellent corralling of a diverse array of equipment for some eminently listenable results. I am starting to understand the appeal of the PlayDifferently, especially in combination with something like the RC-500.

1 Like

:eyes:

NOS?

It’s probably just human error all the way around and not really available.
It’s the “preorder shipping Jan” part that made me chuckle….

https://www.analoguehaven.com/elektron/analog-keys/

Yeahhh…

https://www.analoguehaven.com/elektron/analog-drive/

I’ve been watching that for about a year and wondered WTF. :wink: maybe longer

I bought my A4MK2 years ago as my first hardware synth and it’s still fantastic. Especially with OT and Rytm a great music tool. Great pads and bass and lots of features a real workhouse.

2 Likes

I’d love to have a keys version of the A4 MK2. Hopefully Elektron comes out with a new keyboard mega synth in the future. I’m not a great keyboard player or pianist but really love the feel of playing chords on a large keyboard instead of the desktop units. That led me to the Oberheim synth that has 61 keys and fatar weighted aftertouch.

3 Likes

Feedback (next to the camera rotation :slight_smile:) is very welcome, by the way.

yeahhhh Analogue Haven has done that forever. for various types of gear. they’re just bad at keeping their website updated. it’s quite common to see “pre order” or “out of stock” options on gear that’s OOP. like the Jomox 888 is still up as “out of stock” but they haven’t made it in a decade.

AMAZING! Thanks!
I hope this works on the Rytm, too.

2 Likes

A little something. Actually I like only the drums :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Analog Four Gabber Machine!!!

16 Likes

This is some wide pant legs sort of music

3 Likes

Jokes on you. I’m jamming those tunes, but I’m not wearing any pants.

6 Likes

Oh my :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

i’ve been using the A4 for a band i play bass guitar in to add synth pads and bass to our arrangements. i use the multi-map to play two patches on a keyboard with a subbass on my left and a pad/lead part on the right. i have an mk1 so i have i don’t have individual outs, but i’ve been panning the two patches (bass left/pad right) and not using the inbox FX track so i can isolate the tracks. i just have a keeley caverns so i can use reverb and delay on the pad for more space. working out alright so far especially in a venue where the sound person really mixes the sub bass well and it hits you right in the chest. i don’t know what other gear i could do that with as easily as the A4

7 Likes

The chorus on this thing. So wild. I’m modulating the pre-delay heavily with a 1k square wave and wearing headphones and it sounds exactly like one of my least favorite sounds in the world, which is more than one irritated bee in my apartment simultaneously.

With headphones it sounds like they’re inside my head though, which somehow feels far less intimidating.

13 Likes

Chorus with feedback max and plocking predelay is where it’s the most fun IMO.
It makes the FX track a 5th one :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Indeed!! There is incredible sonic potential in the FX track. Overlooked it for years.
This synth is absolutely mad. It looks so innocent. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You can even use the 6th track to output audio back I to the audio in, and create kicks from CV envelopes…

4 Likes