Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

True!

1 Like

Definitely the most underrated Elektron box! Buying a 2nd hand mk1 for 500€ today is one of the best bang for bucks you can find on the market.

6 Likes

Tried a Hydrasynth knob on the A4. Works fine :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I don’t want/need another Track, four tracks is fine, but if the A4 had 5 or 6 voices total it would elevate it massively… I think I could/would do away with a few of my polysynths.
Obvs this can’t happen with the current A4’s, maybe an Analog Keys mk2, 6 voices assignable across 4 tracks, 49-key keyboard… sign me up. :thought_balloon:

For your listening & viewing pleasure, an Analog Four-only techno groove (with some Heat for saturation):

Many thanks for @DaveMech for his input and feedback!

17 Likes

It was my first hardware synth well at same time as my Moog Sub 37. It still holds it own years later with more expensive synths.

1 Like

Sounding great, I’m liking it :+1:t2: … reminds me of Lumines on the PSP for some reason :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice! Like the bass and kick in here. The vamp has a bit of that Manuel Göttsching/Sueno vibe to it too.

2 Likes

Nice work! Have to agree that it has that mid to late 00s Q Entertainment sound, which I’m a big big fan of. Think it’s about time I dust off my own analog four….

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t know those games, but I’ll check them out. What did help spark my interest in electronic music generally, though, was the soundtrack to Wipeout XL on the Playstation, which I encountered in college about a kagillion years ago.

Much appreciated – I regret not really knowing much about Göttsching until his death last year, but as a guitar and synth enthusiast he’s become a big inspiration.

2 Likes

Actually, if you use all of the A4’s CV outs, then it can do 6 voices! I currently run 5 with my AK but I could easily add another.

4 normal tracks + pitch and gate to two separate synths = 6 voices.

3 Likes

That’s not what I meant… I always use my AK/A4 as a single sound/track in poly mode, so can play it as a 4-voice poly from within the AK/A4.
I would love to be able to play a lot of the AK sounds with 5 or 6 voices, it would easily challenge my Prophet 6 then and I might be able to sell it!

So I meant having 6 voices across the 4 internal tracks would be amazing… imagine being able to have T1-T3 as mono tracks and T4 as a 3-note poly sound for example.

Even better, if there was a way to link 2 machines together and control 8 voices I’d be over the moon.

6 Likes

Gotcha.

flipped to “in stock”

Just saying…

An 10-year celebration Analog 6Keys or even 8Keys would definitely make my day…
Isn’t it time for the Anniversary Edition AK?

2 Likes

confirmed new old stock:

3 Likes

Isn’t there a loopop video explaining how to play each oscillators independently using a midi box or something like that ?

I think @sezare56 also dropped one.
Using the ZOIA iirc.

1 Like

With Midipal and Event Processor Plus actually.
I probably used same principle as Loopop, but applied it to notes splitted in 8 channels, then to 4(x2) paraphonic channels.

5 Likes

Just took my third plunge into the A4 MK1. This time I’m treating the synth engines as icing on a very nifty cake. The sync options for my dinsync gear, cv control for the Grandmother and audio processing is more interesting to me this time.

That being said I’m experiencing a weird issue with the synth engines I was wondering if anyone else has? I’ve emailed Elektron but thought I’d ask here too.

Track 3’s filter 1 is acting strangely; specifically how it reacts to the f/env. If I have an identical sound with a snappy filter env on all 4 tracks, track 3 sounds decidedly “smooshy”, like the attack is a different setting. I can’t imagine a digital envelope could go weird so I suspect it’s something to do with filter 1 as filter 2 acts normally with the same envelope.
I’ve run the calibration routine multiple times but no luck.

Any ideas?