Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

Do you do it this way with the transistor pulse or with the regular pulse wave?

With this one. Sorry forgot to specify

2 Likes

Had a A4 mk1 a few years ago and I sold it to buy something else, it was my first synth I liked it but isn’t very beginner friendly al least to learn synthesis in a fast and easy way. Anyway sold it, kind of regret it but I wasn’t plan on buying another one.
In the last month I play with the dsi evolver and it reminds me about the A4 ( 2 vco with feedback, 2 filters, envelopes and lfos) so yesterday I bought a AK and I’m waiting to have it! It will be my main synth and midi controller ( hope the joystick is as fun as on playstation :joy:).
I had in mind of buying it again sometime and reading thru all yours comment made me do it.
I have also a DNK but I’m selling it to buy the small version

1 Like

How do you connect ah to iPad?

Perkons?

Audio Class Compliant since OS 1.20
You need an USB interface, like Camera Kit3. I think A4MKII is also Audio Class Compliant.
The AH MKII has an audio interface. Is it class compliant? - #18 by d4ydream

1 Like

These are so good im thinking your trolling. :rofl:

2 Likes

This thread needs more @Jeanne magic!

3 Likes

the first one is pure Equinoxe :sunglasses::loud_sound::ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: I’ll post more soon, I’m waiting for my stand to put Digitakt, Syntakt and A4 on, and was concentrated during the last days on getting even more brutality out of the Syntakt (and it totally worked) :wink:

(pssssh subscribe to my channel https://www.youtube.com/c/CatenationIndustrial for more :loopy: )

Btw., the negative and positive side of distortion could both be called soft or hard, depending on what one perceives as such.
Negative get’s quieter, sounds like fuzz [= hard?] but not crackly [= soft?]. The positive side get’s louder, doesn’t sound like fuzz [= not hard?] and can get sound pretty bad and crackly [= not soft?], depending on the source material. I’m just happy we have two flavours :wink:

Oh and one more thing about the DFAM stuff. I’ve used the second Filter, because - at least to me - that one sounds so much better than the first Filter. But I could’ve used the first one for dfaming and then the second one just to boost the lowend with a highpass Filter.

6 Likes

The second filter sounds much better I agree. I only use the first one if I want to use the peak filter on the second. The peak filter is magic

1 Like

Are you rocking a mk1 or mk2?

1 Like

It’s an MK2 :wink:

1 Like

I’m sure this will have been said before in this forum/thread, but A4 is the most flexible machine Elektron still makes IMO - appreciate MD is great also, but discontinued and too expensive now #kindawishi’dnotsoldmineyearsago.

Having an ARmk2, I can say that the A4mk2 is much better as a pure drum machine and kinda like Tempest in terms of flexibilty. I know that you can create a lot with 4 tracks, but for ultimate control it would be great if there was an 8 track polyphonic version.

I’ve posted this before, but I use mine with a DN and this makes a great combo - possibly similar to results you may get from a ST…

Maybe getting a second A4mk2 could be the solution :star_struck:

9 Likes

Can you talk more about this? I’m super interested in these differences. I know it has the individual outs, but I don’t know about the other features that make it better as a drum machine.

Maybe more synthesis parameters, like dual filter, faster lfos allowing fm sounds…

What also makes the difference:
Plocks, Sound Locks, Multi Map, macros to modulate them…

A4 Multimap sequenced by OT :

@Taro FM DRUM soundpack and Multi Map.

19 Likes

Well, ARmk2 has the individual outs also. I use individual outs on the A4 and AR. As @sezare56 says, the main difference is the amount of options/settings A4 has to manipulate the sound e.g. oscillator, filter, amp, envelope settings have more adjustability than the AR’s. This is to be expected as the A4 is designed to be a full synth that can manage all noise duties, whereas the AR is focused on being a drum synth.

3 Likes

Too awesome @.@
That’s why I got me a Launchkey for my Analog Four.

… agree …

5 Likes

faking some single-track chords (c64-style) on the AK via rapid switching between pitches using square lfos…

21 Likes

Don’t tell me,I got A4mkI since its release…then a couple of months ago an AK…and I still have the A4mkI…

1 Like