Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

Maybe more synthesis parameters, like dual filter, faster lfos allowing fm sounds…

What also makes the difference:
Plocks, Sound Locks, Multi Map, macros to modulate them…

A4 Multimap sequenced by OT :

@Taro FM DRUM soundpack and Multi Map.

19 Likes

Well, ARmk2 has the individual outs also. I use individual outs on the A4 and AR. As @sezare56 says, the main difference is the amount of options/settings A4 has to manipulate the sound e.g. oscillator, filter, amp, envelope settings have more adjustability than the AR’s. This is to be expected as the A4 is designed to be a full synth that can manage all noise duties, whereas the AR is focused on being a drum synth.

3 Likes

Too awesome @.@
That’s why I got me a Launchkey for my Analog Four.

… agree …

5 Likes

faking some single-track chords (c64-style) on the AK via rapid switching between pitches using square lfos…

21 Likes

Don’t tell me,I got A4mkI since its release…then a couple of months ago an AK…and I still have the A4mkI…

1 Like

mki forever! :wink:

3 Likes

usb cable
sound card is class compliant
heat Fx on input channel

@sezare56 is right that the A4 offers a greater variety of sound design options than other desktop synthesizers.

In terms of sound design, Multimode filter is at the heart of the drum sound. Multimode filter can be used as a self-oscillating sound or as a base reinforcement for oscillator sounds.
Amplitude modulation is also very useful for creating metallic and percussion sounds. It is rare to find a desktop analog synthesizer with this feature.

10 Likes

@taro knows well the subject. :content:

7 Likes

The only difference between the MK2 and MK1 is the form factor, interface, readability and the distortion, right? In terms of features and functionality like LFO rates, filter shapes and all that it’s the same, isn’t it?

Asking because I’m really thinking about buying an Analog Keys. Seems like one of the best purchases you can make in the synth world right now.

I think you forget the separate OUTs

4 Likes

Analog keys has separate outs.

If you see one, buy it.

5 Likes

Is this the birth of another electronic music Shiva? Your time spent on the joystick modulations will be well spent. It’s the most expressive controller I’ve ever used. But it takes programming it a bit.

1 Like

Pretty easy mod for separate outs :
Interest check Separate outs mod - #260 by DonovanDwyer

1 Like

Wanting to own the A4 again is what is making me consider returning the Syntakt… I know, different beasts completely. I have owned the Digitone the longest, probably my favorite. I almost always have the OT. Analog Rytm was not my cup of tea. Digitakt is awesome, would like to own again. But right now I think the sweet spot for me would be Digitone Keys, Octatrack, and Analog Four for what I need.

Though having 12 tracks on a relatively wide Elektron box is pretty sweet for drums.

But, I feel the expansiveness machines offers is overshadowed by limited tonal controls per machine.

you should try a single LFO cycle here with a long Reverb, EQ’d to be almost exactly like the source.

Just seen the price at Andertons its now£1299.
A few years ago it was £950. Oh come on this is getting stupid silly. I know why its happened but that markup is going to kill the game.

Side note Udo Super 6 is £2350 there. It was £1700 on release. Fuck Andertons!!

it raised to 1599 (same as rytm) a few months ago in Europe. at that particular day I bought the black MK2 with Decksaver for 850. excellent condition

1 Like

Mk2 has never been £950 in UK

The price was always between £1000 and £1100-increased to £1235 in line with inflation

We are entering into recession, prices will go even further up reaching a point where nobody will buy products that have become expensive.

Hence I expect the A4 to reduce in price again in 1-2 years time when the recession has hit its maximum peak

Cool sounds! I used the arp with legato at fast speeds to get these kinds of SID type sounds. It was the thing i missed most after selling my Mnm.

6 Likes