Isn't the Analog Four the most incredible and deep instrument from Elektron so far?

I’ve been doing this for months now. Be prepared. :grimacing:

1 Like

Got carried away in dub. [A4 solo, slight EQ + limiting afterwards]

17 Likes

Plugged my fucked up mc202 into audio in, selected in from osc menu laid down some trigs etc etc fun fun makes the a4 a crazy effects and filter module when will I ever tire of this unit???

2 Likes

Just bought an A4mk2 because of this thread and the great ideas being shared by the community here. Still need to read the manual, and just skimming the surface for now - but it really feels like an amazing synth.

I have an ARmk2 and DN, so thought that this would be somewhat redundant in my set up and had been putting off getting one for almost a whole year. But seems to me that the quantity and extent of modulation options alone make it excellent even just for making experimental sounds, textures and drones.

Here’s a track I made with the A4. Lots of arp and poly shenanigans.

20 Likes

Got a new A4 coming, never touched one before.

I am going to read all 1000 posts in this thread :sweat_smile: :+1:

5 Likes

For those lacking context for the previous post, you may find this thread amusing.

5 Likes

You do have to laugh out loud sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure this is the right thread but… has anyone used the A4 to process a drum machine? Roughing up the sound using the distortion and filter? I’d love to hear it.

1 Like

The A4 is great as sound processor, even the manual has an example to use it as a filter bank!
Guitars, Synths, Drum Machines, and so on, you choose your best option :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can even process the A4 internally by itself. Have a look…

3 Likes

Still in love with this one box. Jamming on a single pattern. A4->little EQ+Comp->You.

20 Likes

There are quite few machines that I can think of doing full tracks with. With the Analog four, it’s a no brainer.

A freshly released two-tracks techno EP. Nowhere near but inspired by the sound of Robert Hood. 95% A4, no presets.

32 Likes

Yeah… Well done mate :sunglasses::+1:t3:

1 Like

This is fantastic. Love the low n’ dubby bassline, snappy percussion and droning melodic stuff :+1:

2 Likes

Badass.

1 Like

Thanks for listening and your very kind words! I’m flattered :green_heart:

1 Like

Thanks! The A4 is a really inspiring machine.

2 Likes

Yes
But……

P
O
R
T
A
M
E
N
T
O

I
T

N
E
E
D
S

Can’t we do something close to portamento with parameters slide ?

1 Like

Hey all, finally got back to my Analog Four (was neglecting it over other synths), and finally made a complete song on it. As usual, direct out.

Enjoy TRANSISTORS OF TORMENT! :wink:

25 Likes