Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 2)

Wavefolding étude with Intellijel Bifold, input from Generate 3, outputs to Source Audio Collider (Analog delay / E-Dome reverb) and Analog Heat (light sweetener). Ambient drone, but halfway through I bring in audio-rate phase modulation from Paradox, and it goes metal. Tried several takes until I just turned the limiter on in my Zoom H1n. An audio engineer I am not.

5 Likes

Moog Matriarch

8 Likes

12 Likes

Lunch time OT workout

This was a ton of fun. Perfourmer played by OP-1 Field endless sequencer via BLE. Sampled into OT.

This feels like a solid foundation which I’m gonna explore further… maybe some vocals?

8 Likes
11 Likes

My lonely A4 once again. More experimenting with neighbor tracks. Drumtrack on t1 feeding into t2 for parallel filtering and fx. Knobtwisting and serious bass included.

11 Likes

reminds me of this:
Testcardf
@Fin25

2 Likes

Then, one day, I got in.

:wink:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Lyra-8 through Typhon for a touch of reverb and a bit of distortion (the Shred setting). Typhons filters in there too. I was pretty baked when i recorded this… The sonic journey had me weeping a bit, headphones on and speakers too so i could FEEL it.
The Lyra-8 is something else. I am pretty hot and cold on it… when it works for me, and i feel like i can “control” it as much as you can control that thing, its amazing. Other times im in a place where i feel assaulted by its sounds and i cant get it to cooperate with me. Not in a bend it to my will sort of way, but more like " I know SOMETHING will happen if i do this but im not sure what exactly" as opposed to trying to make something happen and nothing much changing. This is my first thing ive recorded with it that i felt good about. it has movement.
I know this is a bit long for the Current Sounds thread… my apologies

14 Likes

Fucking lovely mate.

1 Like

I was loaned a Lyra-8 for a couple of months. There were times I sat and listened to it for an hour or more, tweaking it slowly. There were times when it just irritated me. I recorded it a couple of times, but it felt like “capturing”, not “playing”. I had no idea how to make it work with any other device (except downstream FX). I returned it to its owner and bought Mononoke for the iPad, which for me does a lot of what I liked about Lyra-8, and seems easier to control.

1 Like

Why you feel the Elektron sequencer dull in comparison to the OP-Z?

5 Likes

The Elektron sequencers are more rigid in comparison. For instance on the OP-Z I have two tracks which can alter all other tracks (master track and punch-in track)

The OP-Z has seperate trig conditions for its “components”, parameter locks and trigs. So you can set three different conditions on one step to alter the sequence in one way or another.

But while the elektrons work great as sound modules the real magic comes from parameter locks and slides. So that’s why I wanted to invest some more on my Elektrons

Maybe I will find a nice intermediate solutions were I use both sequencers at the same time.

4 Likes

that’s really cool indeed

1 Like
5 Likes
7 Likes

Having a little go at song mode on ST (just the 2nd time I try s-mode)
Building on the previous one…now 2 patterns instead of 1 and a few extra bits…

7 Likes

Couple of 0-Coasts and some FX

13 Likes