Is Too Much Stuff Jammed into Digitakt?

Oh well no worries dude, you can always scoop again. Only problem with buying and selling over and over is you lose money on the sale since you can’t sell it for the same price you bought it for new, and you also have to pay Reverb or eBay, so you lose another chunk. Selling and rebuying one time isn’t that big of a deal, but shit I see people selling their DT for $550 and that’s a pretty gigantic hit to take if you bought new!!! Imagine taking that hit 3 or 4 times…

1 Like

I’m interested which controller you’re using.

I have a Keystep, and I love using that with the DT.

I have to wear sunglasses sometimes cuz the lights are sodamn bright. But I still looooove this machine.

1 Like

This is assuming people are re-buying gear new every time. I was thinking about the buying and selling game recently, came to the realization that you won’t lose much money if you just re-buy the item you previously sold, but used.

Korg microKONTROL, really great little controller and durable too, but I wish it had full size keys. Otherwise it works well, has a really good editor and you can assign pedals, pads, keys, knobs, sliders, etc to different MIDI channels which works well. I get around the DT not passing mod wheel and pitch bend by sending the DT MIDI THRU to my MIDI router in addition to the OUT and then it works fine.

1 Like

I have bought over 300 eurorack modules, Buchla etc. Electron whatever over the past 3 1/2 years and never bought anything new, ever, that’s insane. Unfortunately now with the new Internet tax on everything, buying used gear is like paying for new gear.

Nice, you must have saved quite a bit. I usually buy new if it’s a current product, but I buy plenty of vintage too, so that’s all used of course. Someone has to buy new obviously, and I don’t like to inherit the issues of the previous owner if I can help it. I usually get a pretty good deal with a coupon or sale so it’s worth it to me a lot of the time. Buying used is great if it’s from someone reputable, I see people flipping gear they bought months previous at massively reduced prices so why not!

Well, its almost a necessity and smart. I bought one of the first Phonogene’s, used at around $320, same with Bitbox, $450, saw the writing on the wall that prices were gonna soon come down because of new and improved samplers, so I sold them asap, waited and bought 2 Phonogenes’s at $200 each.

1 Like

You don’t have to know the color to understand, and while the elektron workflow can be arcane, this is no weirder or harder, and the manual will immediately explain.

1 Like

Just rebought Digitakt, and… a Digitone (couldn’t pass up a great price). Should make nice noises with Machinedrum + A4 MK-II, Eurorack. Buchla is going out the door.

4 Likes

Awesome!!! Nice scoop.

2 Likes

Wonderful combo! I hope you get more fulfillment this second time around.

It really is an awesome box(the Digitakt)(Digitone’s really cool, too). And, it’s my opinion, that the size of it contributes to its awesome workflow- everything you could want to do is just a slight movement of the wrist away. It feels like a Swiss Army knife of a box- it’s all so right there.

To what you said earlier about the stock samples being a lot. I rarely dip into the stored samples on the machine. My favorite method is to just sample some recording from my phone(mostly recorded through Voice Memos) and just see what sounds I can pull from a single random sample- the result is mostly far greater than I would have expected going into it.

I’d say, try to keep your workflow as organic as possible and you’ll find yourself in the magic valley of the Digitakt. Especially with the Digitone you can easily get some random patch(random being as literal as you want given a recent update) and twist that sample into knots.

It’s a magnificent box and I’m glad you’re giving it another shot :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Mostly interested in Sampling and Loops on Digitakt, I don’t have anything non-eurorack that does that besides Logic Pro , which I never use for sampling, just a recorder.

yes, thanks.
I plan to keep it simple, not worrying and scurrying to try to integrate all 4 boxes together right away, just treat each one as an instrument, which is what I have found they are great at, then combo them if I dare. I like your suggestions about sampling from external sources like phone, etc.

1 Like

Totally. How blissful it is to record in and tweak the recorded sample and then immediately throw that into your active pattern is SO GOOD on the machine!

1 Like

Loops can be rad when you use them as a bank of one-shots to p-lock the start time and get the sound you want for that step. Wouldn’t bother with loops if you’re just trying to use them as loops, although I’ve done it a few times when sampling a nanoloop loop that’s been tempo slaved to the Digitakt and recorded straight in, trim the end time to match, good to go.

1 Like

Thanks Hawk, but you’re way ahead of my knowledge on the thing still. :slight_smile:

Haha no worries dude, check out the Ivar videos for great examples of using a longer sample and p-locking start points! Very economical way of using Tracks.

3 Likes

2nd BP!!!

1 Like

I came here to see a Digitakt with various debris stuck in all the openings, stuff crammed under the screen, peanut butter in the output jacks, and the like…

Alas, thread was just about features…
Oh well…

8 Likes