Is Too Much Stuff Jammed into Digitakt?

could be trigs, lfos or external midi.

check if there are trigs in the gridmode. trigs can be trigless but not hidden. fight your fears! if you want to clear them, press func+clear(the play button). make sure to be in grid mode, otherwise you will clear the whole sequence.

clear lfos by pressing lfo+clear

unplug midi loopback cable, yo!

sample should play fine now.

some bonus goodies:

func+trig to change from and to chromatic playmode.

func+yes to save current pattern, tweak any sample parameter while holding TRK to change parameter for every track, func+no to reload your pattern.

enjoy!

2 Likes

awesome, will try all your suggestions and instructions.

I wish it could do more. I manage to pull a lot of stuff out of it but I constantly run into its limitations.

3 Likes

The digi is my first sampler ever and i understood it very quickly

3 Likes

Also, are there any controls on Digitakt for creating Arpeggios, similar to the incredible (and easy) options (multipliers, arp direction etc) on the Analog Four? thanks

The DT has retrig but no arp. It is typical of elektron to reserve arp for their synths and retrig for their drum machines.

6 Likes

which is a pity, cause their gear is so flexible they all lend themselves to defy title. their drum machines are great synths n their synths are wicked drum machines. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I could certainly go for some DN retrig.

Or at least DT midi retrig. Either way- I want to retrig the DN

7 Likes

yea DN retrig would be killer :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Retrigs and/or arps don’t get sent out over Midi do they? Could be a great workaround linking boxes together. How good would it be to occasionally trigger notes at 1/96 on the DN? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I feel as though Digitakt can be quite overwhelming at first but if you keep at it, you will learn to love it.

2 Likes

arguably the best drum sounds come from their synths :slightly_smiling_face:
certainly a pity.
A4 with direct jump, scale per track and tempo per pattern could deliver some great retrigger effects now. But not as direct

1 Like

from the OT they do

1 Like

This is all new to me, but (please) define Retrig. for me again. Thanks

Christ on a bike! I was already thinking of purchasing an OT on payday next week. This has just sold it to me 100%. My DT and DN are going to be in heaven. Thank you!

2 Likes

Yeah, I want an OT too someday when I grow up.

3 Likes

Short answer = no. (Not to me…)
I think it really depends on your experience with different types of synthesis / sampler hardware and dealing with different forms of menu navigation.
Personally I find the DT one of the most intuitive, efficient and well thought out peices of kit I’ve ever had the pleasure to use.
It does help to wear a welders helmet while using it though… some of the more modern gear is too damn flashy - I feel like I’m a freakin’ fairground ride operator.
DO YA WANNA GO FAAAAAAAASTAAAAAAAA??

4 Likes

Do people really think there is too much in the DT? I find that be be extremely strange. Also, why so much confusion about the lights? They are easy to understand. And the brightness? Are some of you using your DT in a pitch black room? Turn on a lamp, the brightness is fine! Also, @weepwow, any arp you could imagine is at your fingertips instantly, just turn on live record, use keyboard mode or a MIDI keyboard, and play the arp you desire. If you aren’t able to play it fast enough, crank the tempo down super low and play it slow baby.

5 Likes

Oh boy. Buckle up

yes I know. If Im having trouble with Digitakt, the OT is Everest.

1 Like