Is this forum about gear consumption or about making music?

I’ve found monome community to be interesting and the max forum community too. It’s more about figuring out stuff as opposed to churning through gear

4 Likes

If you like to watch jamming with many synths in real-time and performed by one single person … check out KEBU at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6ckXKxqQjkFuqx_m5Rwtw

There are some interesting channels on YT. They are easy enough to find.

What about a cooperation project? You can start it everywhere. It’s a big difference doing everything in isolation or together with other people. I get inspiration from preparing and performing music with frinds.

There is also book-ware around, which comes with text and audio examples. It’s a good way to focus on one topic, guided by a professional tutor or writer. Sometimes an educational exercise became the root for a new groove :wink:

I have also subscribed to two music related magazines. One is related to making music with computers, the other is more general on technology about studio, recording, mixing, mastering, instruments, or gear. Both deliver inspiration and new paths to follow from time to time.

The importance of talking about gear is that it does help save money for some, by helping them make an informed decision.

But the oscillation of just-enough and too-much is a fine line of electricity

3 Likes

I think this forum is what community want it to be. How i see things is it’s actions from every member to make this forum better. Think how you can : bring your stone to the building. (also read what’s done already, maybe if existing thread well : bring it back to life by contributing your way)

If people are more in actions rather than discussing. Negative threads will start to disappear. And all members will be more to react to very interesting thread rather to think why it’s not like this or like that.

If annoying is to read thread about :

• good mods/bad mods (because you don’t want their responsibility thrust me…)

• gas / not gas

• Old gear / New gear (when it’s not done the cool way and start to look like a WAR)

• Gear support

It’s our duty to launch better thread in opposition so the balance will be better, just think what thread or share Can bring to the community over the medium or long term. because there’s a lot of thread will take place on short terms ! that’s logical to understand…

4 Likes

Cheers for the inspiration. So simple, and yet so interweaved with our complex existence.

3 Likes

I thought this forum was about cats…

2 Likes

I unfollowed some topics, it gives me a different view on this forum

3 Likes

Gear talk is boring.
I vote we start talking about sex, religion and politics.
All the good stuff :grinning:

1 Like

www.reddit.com

enjoy

2 Likes

NOOOOOO! I cri evrytime

it depends on perspective and purpose. I originally came here to learn more info and tips for the monomachine after i hit a wall with workflow and sound design. The forums helped greatly.

2 Likes