Is the Elektron sequencer starting to be “out-dated”?

AK/A4 sequencer can’t be outdated yet.
It’s still waiting for the AR Retrig :rage:

As for other sequencers, PolyendSeq now has chord per track. Nice update.

1 Like

Probably not going to happen. Drum machines get a retrig and synths a arp. But one can hope.

Also I miss the function to set different note Parameters (velocity, length, etc) in a chord within the Elektron boxes.

1 Like

This is my main request for the sequencer too. Ping Pong Mode for Play direction, random Mode and probability. Arturia showed the way here.

3 Likes

I think the Elektron sequencer is pretty great as it is. Perhaps a screen so that you could more readily see what all you have programmed, but then you get into the screeners vs anti screeners debate.

1 Like

So often I’ve wished for an easy way to see what I’ve programmed into a whole track or sequence. A larger display or display specifically for that would be so great.

My main gripe is that I actually play Bass and you can’t sequence the AK to play realistic Bass riffs, which have highly variable retriged components. The Subsequent37 can do a basic retrig, but something like the AR is perfect for job, plocking different retrigs every note if you wanted to.

The one thing that bugs me is how Elektron viciously ignores the whole hiphop community. As if we didn’t exist. please for ** sake talk to the community and see what they’d like to see. A nicer shuffle that actually has some bounce for instance (ALL), or longer sequences so that you can play in double time without loosing grid resolution (DT). Scale presets (DT).

1 Like

Sure, I’m aware of that thread :wink: but I was pointing more at the company as such. I haven’t seen a single product presentation that would have addressed the hiphop community.

To be fair I’m not seeing many well know hip-hop guys using elektron a to begin with. Like Akai has reason to cater to the hip-hop community, MPCs are used by major producer all the time. I’ve yet to see like say a timbaland or RZA video with a digitakt being used or floating around in the background.

I don’t need more for midi sequencing!

4 Likes

Every product has its own target audience. But I think if you like hip hop that should not stop you for making it on Elektro.n.

2 Likes