Is it Legal for Airport Security to take apart your synths?

I love this thread… please don’t let it end.

1 Like

Did they look like this guy?

6 Likes

What’s the dimensions of those all stacked together, roughly?

Some airlines don’t give a fuck about cabin baggage, and very few actually weigh it.

2 Likes

no … that was definitely the pilot

3 Likes

the rs-09 is about 25/26 inches , Nord and mg1 both around 20

Thats not what Mandy said

2 Likes

you guys are killing me :grin:, this is the first time I’ve even been able to laugh at this sh*t…

1 Like

Obligatory pic of Blawan at airport checkin:

22 Likes

How about the girth?

Sorry. Genuine question :crazy_face:

1 Like

Are you trying to get me banned?

:rofl:

4 Likes

Is your real name Mandy? Also known as Dave?

9 Likes

Now everyone will want a magic CV wand !

5 Likes

Anyone who lets that through should probably be fired

4 Likes

Checked with a brush for traces of explosive materials

1 Like

If you’ve ever watched a border security programme, you’ll know that they’re entitled to make sure that you aren’t carrying anything illegal into the country to which you are travelling. I’ve seen them drill holes in gear that are suspicious in the programmes, take vehicles apart and pretty much anything else. It’s their job and criminals are getting smarter and contraband is getting through.

I couldn’t quickly find my luggage key quickly one time at JFK and was told by customs that they would get into my bag by any means necessary if they need too.

It sounded like an unpleasant altercation that you experienced and border guards usually save that for the worst unresponsive people that think they have a god given right to enter any country, so perhaps worth reporting any undue harassment to any higher representative.

1 Like

they’re like 10/12/and 12

I may have had the Nord in another case but I definitely had at least 2 of them in one case

Flew with easyjet recently and they made me take 2 jumpers and my ipad out of my backpack to carry because they said it was too big for hand luggage.

You got to bring 3 synths, screw you easyjet

4 Likes

Yep. They always weigh carry on.

Speaking of Carry on… did the securty staff that ‘took your synths apart’ look like this?

4 Likes

well they didn’t try to make it feel like harassment , I live in Los Angeles I know what harassment feels like and that wasn’t it lol but if I would have known that they would take stuff apart I would have shipped them instead… thankfully I wasn’t able to watch because my view was blocked … I didn’t even know it was happening, only that they were checking my stuff