Is it Legal for Airport Security to take apart your synths?

lol

images (15) images (14)

In hand luggage. Sure.

1 Like

Iā€™m also planning to go again in the near future but think I will not take as much with me

To be fair, when I opened up my Nord Lead 2, my first thought was, ā€œwow, that would be a great space to smuggle some drugs in.ā€ Thereā€™s a big empty square of space that would fit a package nicely.

1 Like

Nothing ā€˜illegalā€™ takes place in an airport because you are a passenger.

They will see to that.

1 Like

Legend

3 Likes

Guys I donā€™t own a 2500ā€¦. Had to come clean, canā€™t keep up the lie!

2 Likes

OP, do you look a bit like this?

Might explain a few things.

8 Likes

At least you made it sound plausibleā€¦ an ARP 2500 would not fit through an airplane door.

Not unless the security crew (what crafty engineers they are) took it apart first.

3 Likes

Dude, thatā€™s the guy who chased me down the street when I was on my bike carrying my System 100m. He came running from that call center down the street coming right at me.
Fortunately the 909 was tucked away in my back pocket.

SCNR. To be fair, he looks like someone who would do stuff like that. Haha^^

3 Likes

I donā€™t know which is worse, what happened to me or this photo destroying your sense of realityā€¦ apparently the airport isnā€™t what you think guys lol

8 Likes

Seriously though, what airline let you take them hefty fuckers on the plane with you?

This could change everything for the touring musician who hates the cargo hold.

2 Likes

I forget, but Iā€™m sure it was either delta or unitedā€¦ prob delta, I flew out of tom Bradley/lax

So how exactly did you fit those into one case, small enough to fit in overhead lockers?

Chopping the Nord still doesnt make any difference.

And what did you.do with them once you got them on the plane?

1 Like

On a serious note, I guess you could find all the security stuff, legal stuff etc. on their website (?).
In the end, your a passenger, paying for a service, youā€™re not going voting or anything like that.

Went and sat up the back and jammed with Roger Taylor, he always takes his kit as carry on.

6 Likes

it was a while ago, all I remember is that I had a ton of foamā€¦ Iā€™d show you the case but I sold it long ago

I had help from an attendant and put them up as I remember.

Was her name Mandy?

3 Likes