Is Digitakt the only Elektron machine in which tempo is saved per pattern?

Is it?

Yes.

3 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

You might want to know that OT can change them per row in its arranger…

3 Likes

Thanks. I was aware of that. I’m not a big fan of song/arranger modes, but I might use the Octatrack one if I have to.

2 Likes

Wondering why this is only available on the DT considering how its such an essential feature for performance and so forth. And also considering how incredibly easy it should be to implement as a software fix.

Please tell me this is on the way for other boxes in an upcoming OS update. Its frankly mind boggling that it hasnt already been done. It has to be one of the most simple bits of code ever.

2 Likes

This was one of the major selling points of the DT for me. I use a lot of longer loop sample and to not have to worry about landing on a particular tempo when playing live is a godsend! Now I can play what I want in any order from a project full of stuff!

Every Elektron machine should be able to do this. IMO it’s weird that they don’t.

3 Likes

Dieter says delete.

yes and if you have the OT or AR midi clock receive set, they will all change tempo at once when you change the patter on the DT.

3 Likes

In my opinion the reason the digitakt has tempo saved per pattern is directly an effect of the lack of song mode. The other elektron boxes are able to lock tempo to patterns through the use of song mode.

I think all Elektron boxes should share the same sequencer features. They don’t all have to get midi out but sharing the same features would be nice when programming multiple Elektron machines.

2 Likes

Ahh so that’s the way someone could argue again that ”elektron forces us to buy all their products”. Now I know…

1 Like

Yeah, some omissions are hard to explain. Just imagine buying the new AR mk2 for 1600 euro and finding out you can’t midi sequence any of your gear with it. I don’t think many people will assume it can’t do midi sequencing, they will assume it can.

I guess so, but if I’m shelling out 1.6k for a product I damn well make sure to RTFM before buying…

7 Likes

It’s not very clear that the analog series doesn’t do midi sequencing though. You have to really search for it. The specs list midi out/in/thru yet say nothing about the lack of sequencing. When I read midi in/out/thru I sort of assume it can sequence. My bad I know :sunglasses:

1 Like

On elektron.se they list ”8 MIDI tracks” in the features of OT & DT. This mention of MIDI tracks is not present in the features -list of any Analog box. Nitpicking I know, but that’s the lingo elektron uses…

2 Likes

So a potential customer has to know that a box only has midi sequencing when it lists “midi tracks” in the specs somewhere. That is also assuming they read the Elektron website and not just Bax or Juno or whichever. They all list midi in/out/thru as features and nothing about the lack of midi sequencing.

I think it’s too easy to put all the blame on customers not doing research. But yeah, from reading responses to people with similar points as mine I understand the consensus here; Elektron never does anything wrong, the customer didn’t do their due diligence and research.

It’s not really all that heavy research. Before I bought my first elektron box it took about 10 minutes to figure out if which ones had midi sequencing or not. Wasn’t really all that difficult. Ultimately, It is the customers responsibility to do research especially for an item that is a luxury item. As well as for an item like a synth where features differ across manufacturers and products.

3 Likes

Oh, okay. Pretty condescending reply. It was easy research for you, you found it out in 10 minutes. Anyone complaining or having the same arguments as I do must be lazy or stupid right? Elektron has of course no responsibility to inform their customers properly and not hide shortcomings and omissions by using their own lingo.