Is Digitakt the only Elektron machine in which tempo is saved per pattern?

Not agreeing to that. Think of an improvised live situation where you need to make (tempo) transitions on the fly. Or switching to the wrong pattern by accident, with crazy tempo jumps as a consequence. When the tempo is set elsewhere you at least keep that element of the flow and can revert quickly to where yo needed to be.

+1

when i was buying a4 i knew it doesn’t do midi sequencing, but i did not know you can’t save tempo per pattern. that’s :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

From what I gather you can’t assume anything about Elektron machines. Just because machine X has Y doesn’t mean machine Z has Y too. To me most of these things are done to differentiate and not because of hardware shortcomings or something.

It’s seems condescending because the perspective you have taken. Now I’m gonna get condescending… Do you have Internet access, can you do a google search? Ten minutes to look up which elektron boxes sequence midi. . There is no lingo or anything to decode.

Ultimately the purchase is your choice, it a luxury item you chose to spend a significant amount of money on. It’s called making an informed decision. No one tricked or swindled you out of your money.

3 Likes

And, I do hope I do not sound condescending if I state that most shops have a product return / refund policy…

You might feel like elektron should not have the right to market their products with inconsistent lingo and act aloof with regards to their products, but there are actually quite alot of ”boutique” music instrument / fx manufs who do exactly this… Its not against the law.

And stating all nauts are fanbois and elektron can do nothing wrong is a lil bit too black n white IMHO. Usually there is room for rational, maature discussion and differing opinions…

3 Likes

It’s definitively addressed in the FAQs

2 Likes

I guess the consensus is not that broad. Elektron could be much clearer. How is someone supposed to know that only if the specs list “midi tracks” it can sequence external midi gear?

That implies the customer knows some Elektron boxes have and some don’t have midi sequencing. Because if not what search would one do in Google? It is not that straight forward as you like to make it look but ok. Thats what internet forums are for; useless discussions.

My position remains the same; it’s both. Elektron could give better information or maybe even list “no midi sequencing” in the specs. Especially when it comes to their resellers. As I said the specs on those websites (given by Elektron) never mention lack of midi sequencing and always list midi in/out/thru for the analog boxes. Many people will assume this means midi sequencing and not the opposite.

Which FAQs? I haven’t seen any FAQs on the elektron.se website but maybe I missed them. There’s no FAQs on the support or product pages. The only hint you get is that it says “din sync out”. From that I have to extrapolate that there’s no midi sequencing.

Wish I still had a sampling machine.

By your logic, every music instrument maker should supply a 1000-page long list of the things their products do not do… ?

Is this type of thinking what lead to the inclusion of ”CAUTION: CONTENTS HOT” text in coffee mugs? As in, is this more of a cultural issue again? I do not see how that text coulda ever made its way to EU ocffee mugs…

2 Likes

Of course not, and it’s telling you’re giving some silly extreme interpretation of what I said. All I said was that it isn’t that clear and that it could and maybe should be more clear. I said nothing about 1000 page long lists. It’s a pity you simply ignore my arguments and instead ridicule them. Not a nice way to have any discussion too. I’m done.

You’re done? Excellent! For a minute I thought you were trolling there.

We all have our fair share of 1st world problems.

1 Like

I knew it because before buying it I saw 85939 video, read 14853 forum and took a look at the manual

Where can I find that FAQ? I did read the specs and support pages and no FAQ linked there. The search on the Elektron website is no help too. Wonder where they’ve hidden the FAQs. Can you post the link?

Not wasting my time on people that selectively read and reply.

1 Like

Basically, go to support, pick a machine, any machine from the drop-down list and then scroll down past the downloads for firmware, OB etc and you will find the FAQs

1 Like

There’s no FAQ for the AR mk2, or the Digitakt or many others. The AR mk1 does have a FAQ though! Wonder why the website search didn’t show any results.

Maybe they have not been out long enough for the questions asked to qualify as ‘frequent’

Cant they just make setting in preference somewhere that you click on and off if you want kit to save bpm? and if its clicked off you can have more kits per project and if it the kit saves bpm just make it less kits per project ? :monkey: