iPad Music Apps?

More choices in top quality DSP will only further the platform.

Dayum, indeed! :smile:

Thank you for sharing! I had just randomly decided to get my Seaboard Block out last night and test with MPE synths! Thus development means itā€™ll probably stay out!

1 Like

The gentleman who ported all those Mutable Instruments modules to IOS without asking for any money is now raising money for an MPE controller, in response to user requests to add MPE support to the apps.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been tempted to donate, but I have to confess Iā€™m not a super fan of the interface of these ports.

Before I get blasted, I understand that theyā€™re free, and that it costs nothing to use them, but if I donā€™t like using a synth I donā€™t care how much it costs. I just donā€™t end up using it.

1 Like

Totally understood. Same reason I refused to buy his paid app just to support him - itā€™s an app for Eurorack modules or something, which is an app Iā€™ll never use.

I use the Resonator one all the time now, as part of my setup for learning how to use Xequence 2 and AUM together. I just use the presets as my focus is on X2.

The funding is very close to the goal now, so good job, fellow IOS users!

1 Like

Thatā€™s impressive! Weā€™re some of the cheapest bastards on the planet. :smile:

1 Like

Never seen so much drama over the cost of a $10 app until I got into IOS music. :rofl:

Funding for Mr. Burns is kind of stuck at $435 but maybe itā€™ll progress by the end of the week?

1 Like

I was thinking about it last night in light of the Eventide releases. I was trying to explain to my husband that one of the algorithms in a $500 pedal I used to own now runs on my phone. SIT AND THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND: Eventideā€™s legendary DSP is now in your pocket. AND IT COSTS $19.99.

sorry for the CAPS LOCK but

Edit: Maybe Iā€™ll kick in for MPE on those apps. The happiest moments I had with my modular were using Pressure Points to play Elementsā€¦!

4 Likes

Honestly. Its totally insane. As opposed to a Space ill could just get an iphone cheap with an interface.

1 Like

Precisely. I had both the Space and Timefactor pedals back in the day and it just blows my mind whatā€™s possible nowadays.

No need now. Burns Audio just posted on AB forum that even though funding is technically $65 short, heā€™s going to work on the MPE stuff regardless.

He will also work on improvements on the preset management in Spectrum (MI) bundle, which actually interests me more.

Speaking of MPE, Kai Aras (Numerical Audio) just put his apps on sale, and one of them is KB-1. Iā€™m still learning my way around X2 (Xequence 2) so probably wonā€™t get it, but in case someone else wants an MPE controller and canā€™t afford more than $5 or whatever pittance is the price of KB-1ā€¦

Xequence 2 has its own keyboard and drum controller layouts. While my plan with X2 is to use it to record MIDI coming from other apps, and then edit the MIDI data to compose music, itā€™s nice to have those controller layouts just in case.

2 Likes

The secret of my sound ; ) I love this app! Free!

[https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hexaglyphics-noise-generator/id963852820]

4 Likes

Sweet, I was looking for a good delay for my iPad today. Got pretty much everything I need covered with the release from FabFilter, but a good delay was missing in my little arsenal.

Thanks for sharing the information.

1 Like

Disccord says these apps are on sale - mostly Numerical Audio/Kai Aras and Korg apps. Might pick up RE-1 myself.

Volt is amazing with MPE. The implementation is really excellent. The only thing itā€™s missing is slewing on AfterTouch like Quanta.

And Volt sounds damn nice too, IMO.

1 Like

Yes! Love this one. Reminds me of Ryoji Ikedaā€™s work

1 Like

Numerical Kai stuff is good/underrated. They have been out for ages and he continues to work on them. They are not the most mind blowing but good sound and good set of params.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with the Eventide plug-ins, I got myself the UltraTap and the Micropitch, but DAMN they are hungry little bastards. Iā€™ve got an iPad Pro (2019 model) and they are eating away on the CPU and require quilte large buffers when youā€™re using 2 instances and some Fabfilter stuff.

MicroPitch is really great, very unexpected results but sounds amazing on pads and lead sounds.

UltraTap was more then I imagined as well. The reverb/shimmer-like stuff sounds really good.

Been looking at buying an H9 to use for various stuff in my little setupā€¦ Perhaps this just was a gateway drugā€¦

3 Likes

Does anyone know about Abelton link. If xequence is on a seperate ipad just for midi and AU,s ( instruments on another ) Any apps that dont have abelton link, im hoping that because AUM has Abelton link, that the data somehow translates to the AUs that dont have abelton link. Also at the same time, there be no problem with using midi generators on the AU ipad to send the data to the midi only ipad.

Thanks.

I donā€™t understand your question, but Iā€™m sure the dev (SevenSystems) or a power user like wim can help you on this thread

1 Like