iPad Music Apps?

how cool is that

1 Like

man this made my day. cliche Rings into clouds patches on my iphone, lol.
amazing

5 Likes

Iā€™m at a quandary as to which I should study first - how to use these newly ported Mutable Instrument apps, or how to use Factory.

So much goodness in IOS land.

3 Likes

first play. rings into clouds. clouds in looping delay mode :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Nice!

Resonator == Rings?

Or is it Modal?

1 Like

Rings is Resonator.
Elements is Modal

1 Like

There really must be some magic sauce in these Mutable codes cause they are engrossing unlike Factory which I bought pretty much simultaneously. Not saying Factory is bad - far from it - just making an observation.

There really is.

2 Likes

Love these Mutable Ports, made this this morning with Braids/Clouds

7 Likes

very cool

These tools are super inspiring. We live in amazing times for creativity.

3 Likes

wow, this is great, really hypnotic.
care to comment on the process?

1 Like

All of this was hosted in AUM. I laid a drone out with Spectrum the morph parameter was being modulated by an LFO, Granulator (Clouds) froze a bit of that. The modulation on that was an LFO on the Position and then throughout the piece Iā€™m playing with the Density and Size Parameters. These are fed a bit into EOS Reverb and Re-1 Tape delay on separate busses. The video is a quality photo of some buildings manipulated in LumaFusion.

6 Likes

That is golden!!! Thanks for the tip-off :muscle:t3:

Not long picked up an Ipad. This is simply awesome

YES! Very nice!

Is it really silly that I donā€™t want this because the user interface is not retina? Probably is but seems a bit careless for an app in 2019! I guess theyā€™ve reused assets from a desktop version

Any simple, effective drum samplers/machines out there? Drums is the one area where iOS jamming falls down for me.

Ruismaker drums are okay, thatā€™s about it for me. MV08 seemed promising but the bass drum is really badly recorded and itā€™s quite limited. Tried to use Beathawk but the user interface makes me want to gouge my eyes out :joy:. BeepStreet Drambo looks promising but not holding my breath!

I guess the lack of multi output support (not sure if this is an AUv3 limitation or just hosts and plugins donā€™t know how to do it yet) is a shame for drums especially

Korg Gadget has a few nice drum synths/samplers, my go to is Elastic drums though

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to specify I am looking for AUv3 ideally!

Here is the question?

Are looking to replace a laptop with an iPad? That is an option as far as DAW/LOOP recording.

Are you looking to supplement laptop and hardware with a new iPad as an instrument? That is an option.

Many things on iOS are actually ā€œiPad or iPhone versionsā€ of laptop programs.

However, for me the value of iOS music making is the unique GUIs and instrument based on the iOS device as a specific medium of performing and triggering.

As others mentioned, I will give you my choices.

For uniquely iOS instrument and tools:

MUST HAVES:

SAMPLr
Borderlands
Patterning 2
Geoshred
Animoog
Impaktor
Audioshare (as a tool)
AUM
Group the Loop or Loopy HD for looping

Options:
Grooverider
Gadget
Apps from Ice Works, Virysn and Kai(Numerical Audio) as well as Brambos series of apps(all of them)

I am sure I forgot some.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions.

I use a hybrid set up.

5 Likes