iPad Music Apps?

Will do, thanks!

Is there an event or something? Iā€™d heard the next gen might be announced in March sometime but I donā€™t see anything scheduled. Do you have a source?

1 Like

One on 27th in Chicago this month

2 Likes
1 Like

thanks, I was planning being in Chicago from 25 to 29 as i need to buy steroids so I appreciate the share!

2 Likes

Surprise surprise. Another D
Even cheaper than the Behringer :slight_smile:
The revenge

8 Likes

Oh good god.

$5!! Revenge indeed.

2 Likes

The odd thing is- the apps they sell for controlling the real synths are like $30

Iā€™ll buy this. Good on ya Moog- I love supporting petty battles between companies :smiley:

2 Likes

The Model 15 app is one of my favorite sounding synths of any synth Iā€™ve tried (hardware, software, iPad) - and thatā€™s just me using the presets and the sound packs Iā€™ve bought. So looking forward to this and now Animoog that is half off.

Edit: I just realized Animoog for iPad is only $4.99 as well. Itā€™s like Christmas today.

1 Like

Animoog is one of my all time favs. Also compared to hardware and vsts

4 Likes

I wish there were an Animoog vstā€¦

I hate having to rely on pulling iPad music into my DAWā€¦

1 Like

Since i got Audulus, i never used my other iPad music apps again. Itā€™s so powerful and addictive! The only thing that IMO should be updated are the options to create a GUI. Reaktor 6 does this pretty well by allowing the creation of custom interface elements. In Audulus my projects always end up with countless knobs and wheels. In Reaktor you can create some context related ā€žsub-menusā€œ, the endproduct is much more user friendly on Reaktor.

But for the iPad, Audulus is probably the most flexible music app. Also, perfect for holidays, when you donā€™t have enough space for any gear.
I learned a lot about sound, fm, routing and much more, just be using it extensively!
If anybody knows some similar apps for the iPad or for Windows, please let me know!

1 Like

Whoa! And the Model D is on iPhone too?!?!

Iā€™ll buy THAT for a dollar!(x 5)

1 Like

Couple iPad questions for yaā€™ll:

• How do you ensure best latency?

• Do you take an active part in ensuring the lifespan of your battery? If so, how?

• Is there any reason to keep Garageband installed and taking up space (seeing as I have all sorts of apps and AUM)?

• Is Bluetooth such a CPU hog?

• Has anyone done a factory reset? Is it painless with iTunes backup? Anything I should be aware of.

I just love using this thing and want it to be at its bestā€¦

1 Like

Ha, wearing thriller socks sat with a red MJ jacket on the back of his chair

3 Likes

OMG I just watched the video. I was grinning but when the smoke started wafting through a G-Funk line, I loled.

Some pedigree there boy.

Others may have better answers but for me:
Latency: Most ā€œseriousā€ music apps have a latency control, either within the app, or within the iPadā€™s General Settings app (have to scroll all the way down to see all the different apps). Of course whatever latency your iPad can handle will depend on model etc. Not sure if audio interface affects it or not, I donā€™t use one with mine. I have an old iPad 4 and can only handle like 2 apps running side by side, but latency is definitely acceptable to me, like in the ā€œ256ā€ range/feel.

Battery: Again, my iPad is fairly old, iPad 4, I think like 5-6 years old? Have used it extensively, drained battery and recharged extensively, and it still lasts forever. Can easily get multiple hours out of it even when running music apps constantly without a break. So donā€™t know if there is much need to ā€œensureā€ the lifespan of the battery? But I would suggest disabling everything on the iPad you donā€™t use, turn brightness down, etcā€¦ just general battery-saving stuff common to all tablets.

Garageband: There is no reason that you ā€œmustā€ keep Garageband unless you personally like it.

Factory Reset: Have done it plenty of times, super easy, but Iā€™ve always done the ā€œfull resetā€ and never really have anything important saved on it, so donā€™t care if I lose anything. Canā€™t comment on actually keeping files since I never worry about it. I do know a few times I have tried backing up stuff from apps, it seemed a little wonky, like it all depends on each specific app and what they ā€œallowā€ to be visible in iTunes, or backed up to the cloud, etc. Like there is no universal method. One thing I hate about the iPad.

3 Likes

thriller socks
[/quote]

i liked all those little propsā€¦ the funkadelic space ship in the beginningā€¦ the NIN logo on the snare drum. the Devo hat.

This was a pretty cool teaser vid.

the smoky gangster rap clipā€¦ then it zooms out to reveal itā€™s a room diffuser. lol.

edit: the forum is acting wonky over here.

1 Like

Iā€™m testing it right now and just like the Model 15 the sound is astonishing. Itā€™s some high level wizardry. Iā€™m patching the Behringer Model D (which is the closest thing I own) and they sound about the same, with minor differences to filter decay or loudness contour. And that might just be the Behringer having ā€œits own soundā€. Buy without hesitation.

PLUS ITā€™S POLYPHONIC MY DUDES.

3 Likes

I had to record it :slight_smile:

6 Likes