iPad Music Apps?

Thanks for passing that along.

Cheers. Iā€™ve found a hub that might do the trick. Will give it some more thought though as a pain in the arse if it doesnā€™t fit the cheap case Iā€™ve bought!

1 Like

Logic on iOS would be nice , and as you mentioned ā€œmpc emulatorā€ that is actually how I plan on using the iPad, to supplement the SP-16 and Octatrack shortcomings ( imho for my uses anyway)

2-tier stand Ipad will be on top similar to screen placement on MPC- X just above/behind Sp16 or OT all connected via 828es( connected to MbPro and iPad Pro)

SP-16 for sampling and drum sequencing > iPad running NS2( keymapping/multisamples)and iOS synths/effects.

Ipad is definetly a great alternative to buying multiple synths and frees up desktop space.

To be honest all I really need is the SP-16, ipad and repurchase another Virus Ti. Havenā€™t had time to get into Drambo, but itā€™s making me think more and more the OT may have to go (love/hate relationship)

Yeah lockdown sucks but happy to be alive and healthy :grinning::+1:

1 Like

thats exactly what I was thinking, when the X was first announced and I was a bit more broke I made myself a ghetto X with an mpc1000 and an ipad mini running a lemur controller above it. it was actually great and I miss it. iā€™m gonna design a simple case for the OT to hold an ipad above it soon , theyā€™re not far off the same width. ill post the thing for people to get them laser cut once I get round to it. I think iā€™m mostly sworn off hardware synths now thanks to ios. but anyway yeah me too, happy and healthy. trying to think of it more as a break than isolation. under any other circumstances id be loving the free time so why not make the most of it hey

1 Like

Found this on amazon for Ā£22 and it looks like it does the trick nicely. Even fits with the case on. So all good and rearing to go!

2 Likes

If you want to touch up your recordings, KlevgrƤnds Grand Finale and Brusfri are amazing. I used them when recording guitar into my phone and it sounded amazing after their treatment

+1 for Brusfri. I donā€™t use it often, but when I do itā€™s exactly the right tool for the job ā€” like magic.

1 Like

Yeah i was amazed. Usually you can hear the gates opening and closing but not with this app.

1 Like

Brusfriā€™s very good for sampling cheap noisy gear

1 Like

Small Borderlands update plus 25% off.

1 Like

Nice! Phew, nearly bought it a couple of days ago. Thanks!

Iā€™m still somewhat confused by one of the main drawbacks to using an iPad: file storage.

Iā€™d thought by Apple allowing access to Files apps would stop requiring you to import sounds in to the app itself, essentially copying a file and taking up double the space. Is this still the situation or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Disclaimer, I am not an ios developer: My understanding is that files copied between apps on the ipad do not double the space requirements if they are unchanged between the apps due to the APFS file system. This has been quite extensively tested Weirdly, if you copy a file between apps, the file usage of each app will go up, but the free space will remain the same.
Here is an audiobus thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/38384/i-understand-why-but-i-still-wish-patterning-didn-t-require-a-separate-sample-database and the research: https://www.cultofmac.com/649268/duplicate-files-sizes-ios-file-providers/

3 Likes

Awesome. Iā€™ll comb through this. Thank you.

1 Like

This seems like an appropriate thread to post this link:

https://www.audiobombs.com/users/patchmaker

A collection of presets for Moog iOS app users

1 Like

I was planning on buying a Digitakt as a sidekick to my Force, as I wanted better sample manipulation, then I remembered I had BeatMaker 3 and wow, I forgot how super powerful that sampler is!
Which brings me back here: can you guys suggest me an AU tuner effect? I need it to be au so I can load it directly in BeatMaker and see it when I play a soundā€¦

1 Like

4pockets analyser is the only one I know of.

Youā€™d think thereā€™d be moreā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using auditor a lot recently, itā€™s quite a simple sample editor but the main things I like are

Bpm Grid for making nice loops.
Simple cross fade loop creator

Most of my loops are on 120 bpm from aum so theyā€™re recorded in nice clean chunks easy to edit.

I switched to apeMatrix to get rid of the constant scrolling issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the patches !
Any ID how to transfer these into Ipad ? (Funbox did not work, Ipad and Mac on latest firmware)