iPad Music Apps?

I’m tantalizingly close to picking up drambo. Been wanting a fully featured auv3 sampler. But it’s so much more! Question: how many instances as an auv3?

You need to manually save. Did that not work? Always has for me…

1 Like

I did but it crashed. But it also autosaved.
Anyway. I watched a great overview on youtube yesterday and had another go with it and the feature set and workflow are very impressive indeed. A bit like best of eurorack + elektron in an app

As many as your device’s CPU and the RAM limit of AUv3s can handle.

I just put 8 of them in AUM on my iPhone 11 Pro as an experiment and it worked.

Video here:

EDIT: Video now embedded. I hadn’t put it on a separate line.

Hi

Can you do this in drumbo, run 8 tracks of auv3s?

Or do you need to run 8 separate drumbos in aum?

I thought drumbo had 16 track sequencer?

Is there a benefit using aum over just drumbo?

One of the greatest, never left my phone!

1 Like

I DL’d Drambo last night and it looks very promising. It is indeed very Elektron-esque in sequencing capability. WIll spend some time with it this weekend to get a bit deeper into it :slight_smile:

just paste the link in a comment

1 Like

Drambo does not host AU.

You can’t host AUv3s in Drambo. However, if you have an instance in AUM, you can:

• Sequence other apps in AUM from Drambo (for example, you could use Drambo’s sequencer to sequence Sunrizer).
  • Add external FX after Drambo, for example Glitchcore.
  • Record into the Flexi Sampler from another app’s output. The best way to do this is if you add Drambo as an effects app on its own lane, loading the AUv3 called ‘Drambo (MFx)’. You can then put a bus at the end of the synth’s AUM chain, and select that bus as the input above Drambo in that lane’s signal chain. And if you have multiple synths going, you can create a bus for each one and switch out which one you’re using to record into Drambo.

Plenty of stuff you can do!

However, I mostly use Drambo in standalone and keep everything in there.

5 Likes

Cool,

I glanced over the apps description and must have picked it up wrong as thought it did host them.

Will take a closer look later

Thanks for the reply, it does look great

The manual’s only 38 pages with lots of pix. It’s not painful at all.

I was unaware of it’s existence until yesterday! indeed, feels like a great cellphone companion - much more than seekbeats that, although much more powerful, feels horrible on my small iPhone SE

1 Like

Ok , never been a fan of IOS music apps but Drambo is next level !
The Gui has been designed for IOS and it is brillant.
Its like an Octatrack + Modular synth with a very intuitive GUI.
Sounds very good too.
For 20$ its a no brainer

6 Likes

Drambo will only be $20 for a few weeks, then the price will go up, according to BeepStreet.

I usually go out to shows a couple of times a week. Because I support smaller shows, I spend about $10 for the show itself, plus at least another $10 for food/drink. So because I haven’t been going to shows for a couple of weeks now it’s been easier to justify the $20 on Drambo.

3 Likes

So everyone keeps saying. But can you sequence the sampling (like rec trigs)?

In fact does any iOS app do that?

Without my OT. And missing it!

As far as I can tell, no.

1 Like

I buy lots of iOS apps as they’ve quite cheap

But I also forget many of the great and old ones.
I’d mostly recommend learning how to route things in aum , truly a very powerful modular environment.

1 Like

Is there a way to set number of steps per track instead of per pattern in Drambo? I loves me the polyrhythms but I can only see a way to scale the entire pattern and not each indvidual track. I also can’t figure out how to navigate past the 16 steps in the sequencer if I set it to 64 steps.

I’ve started a thread here for Drambo cause I have a feeling we’ll all have lots of questions and the mods will move things around anyway :slight_smile:

You’re ahead of me though as I can’t even tell how to get my pattern to be more than 16 steps.

4 Likes