iPad Music Apps?

yes, me. It’s a problem with cubasis. now i use xequence 2 and the sync is rock solid.

But you can’t record audio in Xequence.

found a gem of a midi sequencer for cheap looking for something that can automate OT parameters easily. 16 channels, ableton clip launching type interface. draw and record midi CCs. more preset scales than anything i’ve ever seen and custom scales optional. the piano roll view is an absolute breeze to use. alternate time signatures and quantize note ons and offs. plus it looks nicer than a lot of apps

£2.99!

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

Sorry, I’ve been super busy lately. I have USB adapter for my iPad called Hyperdrive. with this I can connect the DT through USB to the iPad. Apematrix then can access the midi information. The same Hyperdrive adapter has a normal mic and headphone jack so with a splitter I can send a stereo signal from the iPad to my mixer and i can send the signal back to the iPad (mono only) through the mic cable and back to then back to the mixer with effects mixer.

1 Like

Can anyone recommend a reliable and accurate Spectrum Analyzer for iPad?

The ONYX one looks alright, but I can’t say that I’ve ever used any of their apps…

Cheers!

have you checked out fabfilter pro q 2? its a port of the desktop version

1 Like

Thanks for the recommend. Looks really good. Pricey though for an iOS app: $50.xx CAD…

As I ask myself how seriously I take the iPad aspect of my rig and workflow. :wink:

Cheers!

Pro Q3 is available and this has distinct advantages over v2. They are pricey but I got the full suite of apps for £90, which is a bargain considering. Not sure if they are still on offer.

3 Likes

Continua came out today
It’s very nice though the interface feels a bit slow on my gen1 iPad Pro
Another great release from audio damage.

And a new bram bos app coming v.soon too. Mononoke (or something like that )

1 Like

How’s the sound? Rich, thin ; warm, cold?

Mononoke is his take on the Lyra 8 - well, that’s my impression as well as others based on demo(s)

2 Likes

Just picked it up and it sounds lovely, lush, warm. Highly configurable! Worth the $10.99 for me.

2 Likes

Even wout fx? All the YTs atm are of the presets which are naturally drenched in fx…

I love it. Already made some great sounds. It’s a bit finicky on the touchscreen, much like Quanta, but if you can get past that, it’s a good addition to my arsenal.

1 Like

That is exactly what I need in my life, I’m hyped

Is continua polyphonic? Or @slicetwo

It is, 6 voices IIRC

1 Like

6 voices on ios.

1 Like

Grabbed it, and had a play. nice! Think when I pair this with my launchpad it will kill a bit of my medusa GAS