iPad Music Apps?

I mainly used it for sampling when my DS-10 cartridge went kajagoogoo on me a while back.
I like the drums for a bit of electro…

1 Like

Which settings? I save patches and call recall them via MIDI.

If I save a session in AUM using auv3 apps and reload it everything is as I left it, if I use non auv apps within AUM and reload a session I’m not sure the settings are as you left them, I think you have to go into each app and save as you go and then when you open AUM again go into the non auv apps and set them up on the right patches, I’m not definite on this

I guess you are right. Anyway i would not need to find the synth is the state i left it, i’d use patches anyway.

1 Like

audiobus has state saving for inter audio apps (for many of them at least).

1 Like

Interesting little app that came out recently is Web Audio Player. It’s just a web browser wrapped in an AUv3. It can only play certain sound sources (I guess it works by hooking into the page and detecting any audio elements, so it’s not going to work on everything), but it means you can load up e.g. Soundcloud or Freesound and play audio directly into AUM/whatever.

Was using it last night to send audio into Koala which was running in Slideover mode over the top of AUM, was a fun way to get samples in there really quickly! You can also import screen recording videos into Koala and extract the audio if you want to sample something this can’t handle

3 Likes

Digging Oval Synth these days for all my hang drum pretend sessions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. That Oval Synth is great. Great source of samples. Makes me want to try and create something like Four Tet.

1 Like

Delicious - new analogue style AUv3 MIDI sequencer

4 Likes

Very confidential, impossible to find the app or any other news about it. The UI looks nice.

There is a thread on audiobus forum about it. The app is here: ‎midiDREAMs on the App Store

2 Likes

Ah ok i thought it mighht not be on my country’s appstore but it is just that my iOS is too old.

Latest version of LK Imaginando Matrix allows multi channel midi import into separate midi clips Ableton Live style.

Now midi clips and scenes can be independently triggered.

The iPad takes another step towards becoming a replacement DAW.

Do you know if it supports external clock sync?

I believe that there are some posts about using a combination of AUM or Audiobus and/or Ableton Link or Midi Link Sync to acheive external clock sync - try searching the Digitakt / Drambo / iPad threads here for more info on this…

I use Aum to sync all my apps, as long the app can receive Midi IN.
So far so good.

AUM doesn’t work in my setup as, for some confounding reason, the developer has thus far refused to support external MIDI sync. The Audiobus nesting and/or MIDILinkSync app are not feasible solutions either but I am aware of both. :slight_smile:

The developer of which app?

AUM. External MIDI sync must be the most requested feature for this app. It’s bloody lovely but I’m not syncing my entire hardware rig to it. I’ve had stability issues when nested in Audiobus and MIDILinkSync doesn’t support start/stop and is prone to drift.

I truly dream of the day when I go to the App Store and see an AUM update that supports external sync. It will be glorious indeed.

I think you mean AUM being Clock Midi Slave, right?

I sync all the synths in Aum from the external clock of the OT.
What would you like to do precisely that you can’t achieve?