iPad Music Apps?

Drambo will only be $20 for a few weeks, then the price will go up, according to BeepStreet.

I usually go out to shows a couple of times a week. Because I support smaller shows, I spend about $10 for the show itself, plus at least another $10 for food/drink. So because I haven’t been going to shows for a couple of weeks now it’s been easier to justify the $20 on Drambo.

3 Likes

So everyone keeps saying. But can you sequence the sampling (like rec trigs)?

In fact does any iOS app do that?

Without my OT. And missing it!

As far as I can tell, no.

1 Like

I buy lots of iOS apps as they’ve quite cheap

But I also forget many of the great and old ones.
I’d mostly recommend learning how to route things in aum , truly a very powerful modular environment.

1 Like

Is there a way to set number of steps per track instead of per pattern in Drambo? I loves me the polyrhythms but I can only see a way to scale the entire pattern and not each indvidual track. I also can’t figure out how to navigate past the 16 steps in the sequencer if I set it to 64 steps.

I’ve started a thread here for Drambo cause I have a feeling we’ll all have lots of questions and the mods will move things around anyway :slight_smile:

You’re ahead of me though as I can’t even tell how to get my pattern to be more than 16 steps.

4 Likes

I dont think so , this feature is unique to the Octatrack i think.

1 Like

Afaict no, no per track. But there are ofc trig conditions (not the same, i know).

To select steps for editing display, press the left or right arrows to move between groups of steps. If you press the button in the middle (“1/2”), it will toggle between showing 16 or 32 steps in this case (I have a 32 step pattern loaded).

As far as polyrhythms, no way to do that in standalone, but you could achieve it by hosting several instances of Drambo Auv3 in AUM. Each instance could be a different length and track multiplier. not as elegant as Elektron. But I think Drambo is gonna be (IS) a really awesome music app.

EDIT: there is a conditional step component called “jump” that will allow you to create polyrhythms in a single instance of Drambo.

4 Likes

I wish in aum I could mark fave plugins and also search by plugin type. I know there is a search function ( by name ) but many has weird names with no relation to why they do

Vcvrack has a tagging system, very useful .

Yes you can:
Load the Recorder and in the sequencer, hold a step while hitting the REC button to start recording at that position. You p-lock the REC button And voila :yum:

6 Likes

it‘s very powerful for creating stuff, but as far as I can tell, I don‘t see me using this for live sets with dozens of longer studio stems, mixing tracks together, resample on the fly etc
If it can do it, I still don‘t think the Ipad interface is suited for such things

2 Likes

But as far as I can tell you can’t plock the clear button, and the recorder will not rerecord unless the first recorded sampled is cleared…

1 Like

Oh damn didn’t realise you could p-lock the record button

2 Likes

tempted to get Pure Acid, on sale right now… already own TroubleMaker, but it seems like PA is a lot of fun - and a self-contained app which is always nice on iOS.
does anyone know if you can have different step length per track on the drum machine tracks?

Not sure, I can’t see a way to do this looking at it, but could be hidden away. But it’s a great app regardless, really fun and is actually my go to for drums when using AUM as they sound great (all the classic x0x sounds) and it has multiple outputs.

1 Like

I love pure acid. What’s great about it is it’s simplicity. Easy to make fun acid phrases and then distort at will with effects. Also works well with Ableton.

I bought groove rider soon after and was disappointed with the UI. It’s powerful, but they crammed too much into the interface and the UI is /meh.

2 Likes

Yeah, same re: GR-16, I can’t get into it at all but PA is wicked

1 Like

I can only recommend giving Grooverider a second look… worth it.

I don’t think so. The drum sequencer is very basic. But you could use the brambos sequencers to sequence the pure acid sounds in aum.
The bass sequencer is great though, love it.
Pure acid sounds much closer to a 303 to me than troublemaker

3 Likes

klevgrand has good prices right now. modley is a fantastic delay ! brusfri is great too…

and YES, drambo is a game changer in ios

1 Like