iPad Music Apps?

I’m at a quandary as to which I should study first - how to use these newly ported Mutable Instrument apps, or how to use Factory.

So much goodness in IOS land.

3 Likes

first play. rings into clouds. clouds in looping delay mode :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Nice!

Resonator == Rings?

Or is it Modal?

1 Like

Rings is Resonator.
Elements is Modal

1 Like

There really must be some magic sauce in these Mutable codes cause they are engrossing unlike Factory which I bought pretty much simultaneously. Not saying Factory is bad - far from it - just making an observation.

There really is.

2 Likes

Love these Mutable Ports, made this this morning with Braids/Clouds

7 Likes

very cool

These tools are super inspiring. We live in amazing times for creativity.

3 Likes

wow, this is great, really hypnotic.
care to comment on the process?

1 Like

All of this was hosted in AUM. I laid a drone out with Spectrum the morph parameter was being modulated by an LFO, Granulator (Clouds) froze a bit of that. The modulation on that was an LFO on the Position and then throughout the piece I’m playing with the Density and Size Parameters. These are fed a bit into EOS Reverb and Re-1 Tape delay on separate busses. The video is a quality photo of some buildings manipulated in LumaFusion.

6 Likes

That is golden!!! Thanks for the tip-off :muscle:t3:

Not long picked up an Ipad. This is simply awesome

YES! Very nice!

Is it really silly that I don’t want this because the user interface is not retina? Probably is but seems a bit careless for an app in 2019! I guess they’ve reused assets from a desktop version

Any simple, effective drum samplers/machines out there? Drums is the one area where iOS jamming falls down for me.

Ruismaker drums are okay, that’s about it for me. MV08 seemed promising but the bass drum is really badly recorded and it’s quite limited. Tried to use Beathawk but the user interface makes me want to gouge my eyes out :joy:. BeepStreet Drambo looks promising but not holding my breath!

I guess the lack of multi output support (not sure if this is an AUv3 limitation or just hosts and plugins don’t know how to do it yet) is a shame for drums especially

Korg Gadget has a few nice drum synths/samplers, my go to is Elastic drums though

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to specify I am looking for AUv3 ideally!

Here is the question?

Are looking to replace a laptop with an iPad? That is an option as far as DAW/LOOP recording.

Are you looking to supplement laptop and hardware with a new iPad as an instrument? That is an option.

Many things on iOS are actually “iPad or iPhone versions” of laptop programs.

However, for me the value of iOS music making is the unique GUIs and instrument based on the iOS device as a specific medium of performing and triggering.

As others mentioned, I will give you my choices.

For uniquely iOS instrument and tools:

MUST HAVES:

SAMPLr
Borderlands
Patterning 2
Geoshred
Animoog
Impaktor
Audioshare (as a tool)
AUM
Group the Loop or Loopy HD for looping

Options:
Grooverider
Gadget
Apps from Ice Works, Virysn and Kai(Numerical Audio) as well as Brambos series of apps(all of them)

I am sure I forgot some.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions.

I use a hybrid set up.

5 Likes

I’m now leaning towards spending the $10 on Xequence 2 instead of the Factory IAP. Been reading through the thread on the AB forum and it looks intriguing enough to me.

SevenSystems plans to raise the price next week.

Nice setup