[iOS] Tensor - Kit & Pattern Randomizer for the Model line

thank you for everything you’re doing, is there a place where the sound design functions are summarized for the cycles and the Samples?

Top-right help menu changes depending on M:S or M:C mode, and explains most of the functions

2 Likes

I was looking for the same thing but didn’t realize that it scrolled, haha.

1 Like

So currently TRK 1 is associated with the bottom sequence and TRK 6 the top. So if TRK 1 is the only one highlighted and I press “ghost” it adds them to the bottom line. Is that expected behavior?

edit: grammar

Also, not connected to the m:c currently so I’m not sure if the bottom line is indeed TRK 1’s sequence or TRK 6’s.

The bottom row is TRK 1 and the top is TRK 6…Ghost notes require that there are already other Trigs enabled, so you won’t see anything show up if the Pattern is empty. If you want to add ghost notes to a Pattern you made on the device, you need to hit “GET PTN” first.

3 Likes

Update Out:

• Advanced Pattern Options let you randomize notes in your chosen Key / Scale (up to 23 different scales / chords)!
4 Likes

Nice!!!

1 Like

Many of these updates have been user requests, so if you have any useful sound design / pattern functions feel free to bring them up

2 Likes

How do you choose the key? Still with Notes up and down?

Bottom right wrench is the Advanced Options toggle

2 Likes

Wait, I guess that doesn’t make sense. That would only be root notes.

Im really sad I can’t use this with my iPhone… the randomize functions sounds soooo good!

1 Like

It’s still in Beta…once I release this then I will work on a minimal iPhone interface, especially since the Model line is meant to be portable.

6 Likes

Okay, sorry. TestFlight was being weird. It hadn’t really updated. This is awesome!

1 Like

The Retune Notes function will first randomize the notes in a range of 4 octaves, centered around C-5, and THEN filter them to the scale…I should probably separate those functions into 2 different buttons.

1 Like

Saving snapshot banks as a loadable file would be awesome.

Yeah, the ability to Save / Load Tracks, Kits, Snapshots, & Patterns will come after the initial release. Since this aims to support the entire Model line, I’ll keep adding more features…right now I’m just concentrating on the main randomization modes!

4 Likes

I was going to ask if you’d ever consider porting all these apps over to MacOS (Collider, Tensor, Harmonix, etc)? But I guess I could try and set up network midi connections for all the synths plugged into my Mac’s midi interface and use them for sound designing over a network? Has anybody tested this to your knowledge?

All my stuff is connected to iMac and my iPad connects to iMac via WIFI, so that’s exactly what I do.

2 Likes