iOS apps to use with a4mk2 of armk2?

Someone already has an idea what to do with this new opportunity?

Lots of ideas here

2 Likes

I found out a few months ago that my A4 MK1 will send midi start/stop messages to my focusrite iTrack dock via USB. I never tested midi to see if it sends notes or anything else, but I was able to clock the Troublemaker app in iOS with an Analog4 MK1. I should probably test midi…

I tried out Beatmaker 3 with Rytm mk2 using usb class compliant interface. I used headphone on the Rytm mk3 to listen the master track.

Beatmaker 3 offers:

• Sequencing
  • Sampling on the fly with editing start/end/loop
  • Sample processing (normalize, trim, reverse)
  • One shot sample, slices, timestretch loops…multi samples

For me these functions are the most important… a lot apps can do a lot, except one the above or partly… Beatmaker is very complete and offers good tools.

Beatmaker 3 I used as the sequencer to sequence the sounds sampled from the Rytm… I could also sync Beatmaker tracks with tracks from the Rytm together… Audio units can be used easily… for synths etc and synced with the tracks.

I used the Rytm as master(compress, distort) and recorded the session with a blackbox using ext out…

Saving song are mainly done in Beatmaker 3. Most sounds are one shot sampled with this workflow.

It worked!.. One of things I don’t completely like is the confusing interface of bm3… It has so many options you get lost sometimes…

Also I could not find a convenient way in Beatmaker to record longer tracks… Its MPC style sequencer… I am not that experienced with Beatmaker 3… it might be somewhere…

A simpler alternative is still something I look out for…

I try to play and investigate these apps further…

Garageband
Drambo
Cubasis
Gadget 2
Aum with a combination of plugins… (piano roll, midi fx, sampler etc)

Any tips are welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The simplest workflow is loopy. Depends how you want to work :wink: Amazing!

I haven’t tried it out yet, but I fully expect Samplr to play a prime role with either my A4MK2 or ARMK2.

Going to give it a go on my days off this week - can’t wait.