Introducing the e25 Remix Edition

Create a support ticket on Elektron.se

Also, welcome the forum – quite the intro!

6 Likes

Looks nice, but should have muted the colours on the buttons and gone for all black and red accents like the old boxes.

If they had some kind of cool updated keys that werent the soft touch crap and more akin to the OG plastic ones (can’t get LEDs to shine through but i would be fine with the old red or an updated multicolored LED above a step key)

Ha, I thought I should finally make an account after lurking on you guys since 2021 :smiley:

7 Likes

I had my doubts about readability with the grey keys, but happy to report that the led’s still shine through quite well

3 Likes

Btw, does anyone know if they’re supposed to come with special sound packs? The +drive looks painfully empty right now

Does not mention it in the announcement. Sticker and tape pack only it seems.

Edit: would love to hear the cassette

1 Like

Nice! I have an e25 Digitone on the way, and your photos have only heightened my anticipation.

Bit concerned about the misalignment issue, but I have to admit to not being able to notice it in the photos. What is misaligned? The display surface itself? The clear cover?

2 Likes

I’ve always preferred black gear but these look amazing.

I will say, I wish more companies followed what Roland did with SP404. Empowering their user community with a template and instructions on how to customize the device limited only by your imagination. They also sell faceplates so you can quickly swap between several options. This clearly has much to do with the cult following and intimacy many feel for their SP.

In fact, I wish Roland followed Roland in doing this across their product line.lol. SP is the only one to my knowledge.

I know there are third parties who sell knobs, pads, stickers to customize gear but I’m speaking specifically about OMs. Why not? It is about expression in the end isn’t it? What will you lose empowering your loyal users to customize their own gear?

1 Like

So did the “festivities” drop yet?

What were they?

2 Likes

Which day exactly is Anniversary?

Here for the party and celebration. Congrats guys. Would love to see some silver-inspired festivities like

Syntakt - compressor, chorus, arp, srr/brr, new machines
Digitakt - RAM/record machines, chorus
Digitone - compressor, srr/brr

All - Slides, Retrig LFO destinations, neighbor FX

3 Likes

The DT already has 8 RAM machines, no? They’re not streamed off a card, right?

If you mean record trigs and manipulation of live audio coming into the machine, I’m onboard!

My biggest gripe is that the Digis appear gimped in an Apple like way . Eg - no MIDI arp on the Digitone. Hopefully just holding back as a future update as pisses me off when using my Digitone Keys as a master Midi controller.

That pic above does make the Silver look great in real life!! Was tempted to grab a few but I keep reminding myself I have a Octa, Digikeys and recently let go of the Syntakt.

I keep checking my go to retailer shopping cart expecting it to be sold out and kill my GAS once and for all but still available :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re right, I mean record machines and manipulation of live incoming audio from a record buffer.

3 Likes

no, that hype was community driven … they said they were "in the works" … read … coming through the year perhaps ?!

there’s no great expectations of much to happen for a while yet, imho anyway …

Don’t feed the trolls :wink:

1 Like

Mod liking a post calling their own users trolls, says it all really. Especially when they were the ones hyping festivities as something other than a silver faceplate and corny video.

6 Likes

In any case I’m sure Elektron is working on something new.

We might not get it now, but it will come one day. Will it be what I want? I don’t know. I also didn’t know I wanted a Digitone before it was announced.

I would love modern remakes as stated before, but maybe this new thing will go beyond that.

1 Like

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow.

on Wednesday :wink:

2 Likes

“And stay tuned for more e25 festivities in the works!”

Stay tuned till May 2024 or you are pretty naiv for expecting something sooner…what? I don´t find that missunderstandable…stay tuned is near future.

1 Like