Introducing the e25 Remix Edition

PARAMETER SLIDES

Elektron lost their way when they stopped implementing this feature imo.

6 Likes

Yeah I spoke too soon and forgot about the amazing master distortion. I love it though, it’s my fave of the 3 smaller boxes

indeed. coming from modular most of the parts of the Analogs do react like individual parts of the whole “track” and its soundpath, envelopes overlapping, key tracking etc. similar to a classic CV flow.

I think that’s the difference, the Analogs are oriented within a “Classic” system approach and MD/MnM have been like “one box full of mixed experimental sound design tools”

3 Likes

I guess I see what you mean, but in a way, I feel exactly ‘a kick is a kick’, meaning we’ve lots of them between all the contemporary machines, synthesised or sampled, FX’ed, etc… but regardless, there’s definitely a need for a more flagship architecture so to say — modulation, like you’ve mentioned, track fx, etc.

this. hence still own (two) OTs and MnM, but no analogs or small boxes

More old promotional materials. The url sidstation.com now redirects to Elektron’s legacy product page.

12 Likes

While we’re on a nostalgia trip for the 25th Anniversary, I love the details given by @Ess in these two AMA threads from a few years ago:

9 Likes

I feel like I’m in a court watching Elektron’s trial and the jury can’t decide if Elektron is guilty of letting down their customers by not remaking old devices that belong to the past and their creators who have left the building and features that didn’t make it to the newer devices. It’s been days and days of deliberating but still no results.

I’m saying this in a humorous way, of course.

12 Likes

I really believe its not about nostalgia or remaking, its about sound and sound palette. Nostalgia is exactly what people are critisising about these color upgrades because those are nothing more they offer pure nostalgia but no sound upgrade.
We don´t want the old interface back or the old color, we want freedom of sound palette and this has nothing to do with nostalgia and this shurly is not was Ess ment otherwise he would not construct FM Synths which are very long in existence.

1 Like

I think the e25 specials rock. I’m just not in the market for any of the Digis. I need to save my credit ratingmoney for any ltd edition Analogs they might bring out.

2 Likes

Just got my e25 Digitakt. Looks really good in person, but the faceplate is slightly misaligned. What’s the procedure to correct this?

11 Likes

Another picture of this beauty

22 Likes

Looks very nice! I’m liking the metal more in this light than the promo

1 Like

What do the sides look like? Same as the face plate?

Yeah, other than the screen issue, it’s super nice… note that the screen sticks out quite a bit and isn’t “integrated” in the faceplate. Also no screen protector, why Elektron?!

They’re unapologetically grey

1 Like

Would send a support request and see what they say. If there was no warranty I would have opened it up, but seems a bit unnecessary at this point

1 Like

Create a support ticket on Elektron.se

Also, welcome the forum – quite the intro!

6 Likes

Looks nice, but should have muted the colours on the buttons and gone for all black and red accents like the old boxes.

If they had some kind of cool updated keys that werent the soft touch crap and more akin to the OG plastic ones (can’t get LEDs to shine through but i would be fine with the old red or an updated multicolored LED above a step key)

Ha, I thought I should finally make an account after lurking on you guys since 2021 :smiley:

7 Likes

I had my doubts about readability with the grey keys, but happy to report that the led’s still shine through quite well

3 Likes