Introducing Syntakt

Yeah, one thing I like on the A4 (and AR but with pads not knobs) is you can have one page where the parameters you care about modifying are all accessible. Makes doing a one take performance of a track a bit easier if you don’t have to jump around between tracks and pages. Setting them up isn’t the most fun process but it’s so useful, would love to see this in the Digi factor.

1 Like

There is a solution if you could deal with just monophonic tracks. I’m doing drums + melodics by panning drums left and panning all melody right, and in Octrack connect them to two separate tracks. Effects running from the Octratrack anyways (for me).

2 Likes

Syntakt ist a nice machine with a lot of possibilities for improvements…

In my opinion it’s the OP-1 of elektron…

1 Like

And its way more fun making music with it, than moaning, what it misses :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Just pulled the trigger on the Syntakt, let’s see how this goes!

ps: session music at Germany has it on stock if some of you are looking :wink:

2 Likes

No shipping to UK, in case anyone was looking … looks like EU only.

Yeah man.

This thing is my shit.

It’s not for everyone, but it’s like Elektron just made a box entirely for me.

28 Likes

+1 on the holy shit!

WOW! Right out the box this is, in my opinion, the best box they’ve released.

You kind of don’t really need samples in this thing. It sounds unreal.

And how much experimentation can you do? It’s like infinite.

Great job Elektron for this one!!! WOW

AND THANK YOU FOR A DIFFERENT LOOKING POWER SUPPLY!!!

Not getting this one mixed up with my other Elektron boxes!

18 Likes

Hello, I just got me Syntakt and it is my first Elektron gear … in regards to factory patterns, when I first turned it on their was a preset loaded that played. I auditioned the sounds for 15 minutes and decided to try out other factory installed patterns …

I followed the instructions on page 20 to try different factory patterns, but nothing loads. I’m in an 'Untitled" pattern and all the banks and blank.

I’m assuming there is something simple to do but the manual is rather sparse so I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction. thanks

go back to Bank 1 where presets live

I’m pressing ‘bank’ then trig 9 and then trig 1 which puts me in bank A01. i hit play and the sequence goes thru blank notes. the pattern is "untitled’. switching banks are blank too.

maybe unplug and sleep on it.

The Dream Team is coming together tonight:

21 Likes

Factory reset fixed the problem!

good grief, I need to read the BIG manual on the that you can download before i wipe it out again.

FYI - the decksaver PL-2S fits the syntakt. It doesn’t sit too deep over the edges but is snug and does it’s purpose for the studio (i.e. stop pet hair).

Is that how everyone feels about it ?

What does this really mean ? Can you expand on what exactly replaces the need for samples ? The analog drums ? The extra machines over the M:C ? Or …… ?

I guess I mean it just sounds incredibly good. Like the synthesis sounds like a well polished sample.

1 Like

It seems that the ST presents itself as an all-in-one-package. The sound-demos are impressive … if Elektron had included CV-out, that would be madness

this thing can do nearly everything!!!

2 Likes

@echo_opera - looks like a dream set up - I’m presuming Drambo is taking on the duties of a DT in this context, but I’m interested to understand the signal flow - is It DN > ST > Drambo or another configuration? Are you using Drambo to introduce a form of Song Mode for the two Elektron devices? There’s a degree of overlap in all three as well - I previously tried a DN <> Drambo hybrid and while it worked I never quite knew where I should focus my attentions in a performative context. Here it looks like the Drambo is the centre of things. Anyway looks cool and will be interested to see what you make of it…

I’m kinda with you but while you’re insisting it’s just a drum machine, Elektron are selling it as:

Drum and melody. In full fusion.

All your sound crafting, sequencing, and performance needs are fulfilled, in an all-round music mega box that fits in your lap.

So expecting basic polyphony to cater for your melody isn’t the craziest thing in the world :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s compatible with the other Elektron, 12V/2A.

1 Like