Introducing Syntakt

That is a lovely acidic sound you’re getting from the AR!

Thanks! I miss that little guy! However, I think this new ST fellow might do just fine in his place. Just need to acquire one. :smiley:

4 Likes

My Syntakt arrived yesterday and i love the bleepe percy fmish sounds with more complexity than on m:c.
I really like the combination of analog strength and wirrd clicki clacker stuff. Only the fx block inserting is a little confusing to me at the moment. 12 Tracks simultaneously feels like getting newer out of tracks. And the machines are selectable for each track individually. Thats a big changer in comparison to the rytm with some weak machines like the three toms imo.
Love it.

1 Like

Wait, the Rytm had tom tracks? I thought the middle row were the sample tracks. Well that’s what I always used them for. :tongue:
Decent 808 kick on the bass tom at least.

6 Likes

I actually really enjoyed that. Not bad coming out of a drum machine.

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm if the analog FX (filter and overdrive) is for pattern or global?

It’s per pattern.
There is a 13th track, the FX track, that allows you to sequence its parameters as well.

1 Like

I think so but just in case.
Thanks a lot!

So looking at the manual you can set the external inputs to either stereo or mono inputs, but there is no individual pan or delay/reverb sends for each mono input like there is on the Analog Four. Seems odd, have I understood this correctly?

I believe this is correct and strange since digitakt can do this so lets hope a firmware update adds this!

Okay thanks, thought I might be missing something. So can you use two mono synths with it or just one? It’s a bit confusing

Does anyone know if you can use the new scale/keyboard fold on the midi machine?

1 Like

Held out for as long as I could. But into the syn city I fall…

2 Likes

Yep. Just opened my Syntakt and this was the first thing I did. Pretty cool!

4 Likes

Some of you might be interested in this. [Edit: since the thumbnail doesn’t say so, it’s Richard Devine.]

25 Likes

I love the combination of syntakt and rytm mk1. Its like an expension with sample playback with analog filters and ovdrv and all the other benefits like performance makros, scenes aso.

1 Like

Hey everyone loving the Syntakt, anyone else tried pairing it up yet with a midi controller? It‘s so good! Mod wheel and breath control I’m accessing in this video, so every track has two performance macros which open up to 4 parameters each.

Example:
Track 13 - Bass

Pot 1 - MOD WHEEL - opens decay, filter, env amount, resonance

Pot 2 - BREATH CONTROL - Reverb and delay send (2 parameters still spare)

It’s ridiculously expressive, been dreaming of something like this for live performance for a very long time! I will post a full breakdown tut soon :pray:

22 Likes

Ah this is awesome. I actually didn’t realise you could use these parameters as macros when playing back, I thought they were just for playing live. Performance macros is one feature I miss from the bigger boxes, thanks for pointing this out. Your demo sounds amazing btw, think I need an ST :joy:

1 Like

Same here! I’ve been wanting this for so long, the analog four got me hooked on performance macros back in 2011. It’s a big reason why I bought a Hydrasynth and also once I knew what the Octatrack crossfader and scenes did, I finally bought that too. A synth drum machine with performance macros has been on my wish list for years, very happy with what Elektron have done, this things is :muscle:

3 Likes

This is how I used my Digitone with the Keystep 37 to achieve the same thing. I do wish there was a “Project Macros” page where you could program the 8 knobs similarly (up to four parameters each) just like the Hydrasynth, but hooking up an external controller and programming the mod and expression cc is a good workaround.

1 Like