Introducing Syntakt

There’s a few detailed (and interesting!) posts on this point way further up the thread chain.

In short, stay away from using it on the surface of the sun or in a sauna/steam room and you’ll be fine!

7 Likes

Ok its on my table, and to be honest, it took me 3 minutes to dial in satisfying hihats !!! Sample playback would still be cool, even layerd, mini sample cycling per machine.

I love the syntakt already in 1.0 : well done Elektron.

6 Likes

Oh!! :joy:

1 Like

It’s not that hot. Compared to other Elektron machines, it’s certainly one of the hotter ones, together with the Heat, but compared to other electronics, it’s not that bad. I can still have it in my lap with only clothing between it and my skin, which is more I can say of some laptops out there (looking at you Apple).

3 Likes

I took the info from the Syntakt manual on page 28, though. Thank you for the answer.

With Syntakts being out of stock practically everywhere so quickly after launch, does anyone have a guesstimate on how many units were in the first batch?

Just curious and hoping it’s a big number cos it’d mean good things for Elektron. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I only know that i got one from a store that had a few last weekend, sold out and this week they got a few more. Don’t know what that means for the whole first or second batch though.

And i have to agree, it gets hot but not too hot.

Not sure about elsewhere, but the store where I picked it up on Monday (Cut Off in Barcelona) seems to still have units available. When I went there, I’d guesstimate there was about ~30 boxes in sight, with some looking “reserved” or being prepared for shipping.

2 Likes

The obsession with adding sample playback to this is getting insanely tedious. If that’s an essential feature for you there are already 4 Elektron machines in production that do it, get one of those instead.

15 Likes

429 - too many requests (for sample playback)

5 Likes

My local store said that they ordered 80 units but only got 22. Useless info but you can see the hype.

2 Likes

shit, I should have waited for the Cutoff stock instead of ordering online… call me impatient…

1 Like

I know some people will have to wait for theirs but it’s a great sign for the company - if they sell stacks of these then hopefully the future is looking bright!

5 Likes

Hah yeah, I’m also impatient hence I ordered it from Cut Off instead of from Elektron so I could go pick it up myself from the store instead of waiting for shipping, seems it paid off :smiley:

1 Like

well… mine includes a limited edition dustbag and cables… :thinking: ok, you win…

1 Like

yeah,

I saw that bundle, very cute, I wonder who puts his syntakt in a backpack with a dustbag…

So I went to my local store and just ordered a digitakt decksaver lid with my Syntakt.

:sweat_smile:

I’m gonna install a JALAPENO chip…

as in: JaLapEñoBizness

(I’ll see myself out…)

1 Like

It looks like Elektron themselves have stock again, it shows the buy button instead of “out of stock”.

9 Likes

Thank you! I’ll slide over to the Waiting for our Syntakts to arrive thread :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I like Elektron boxes, but always felt it lacks substantially in the effects department. Effects on newer boxes are quite ok, but there are so few. Only delay and reverb, or delay, reverb and chorus. Ok, there is also overdrive, but let’s put it aside fo a while. It’s really a shame and lame. There should be at least phaser.

Actually they could do somenthing like 4 send effects slots, and 10-20 deifferent effects to choose from. It would pump up possibilities a lot and broaden sonic terirory. It could be easily done with modern DSPs and memory bricks, as these goods are chep nowadays.

Why Elektron? Why to partially waste such a potential?

9 Likes