Introducing Syntakt

Brought my Syntakt home today, definitely impressed so far! Digitakt was my 2nd piece of gear so the layout feels familiar enough (even though I don’t own the DT anymore). Can definitely get some really interesting sounds out of it, and push it into weird territories if you wish. Will dig in as much as possible this week…

2 Likes

I should just read the manual, so don’t be mad at me but… can the global filter be p-locked?

If so… that should mean filter collisions can be done :heart_eyes:

If not… one can dream :sob:

Well, it is always possible to take a look at preset sound C:231 :slight_smile:

1 Like

From the manual and from some videos I’ve seen, yes. But I’ll let someone with a ST answer to be sure.

1 Like

The trick for collisions is live recording filter sweeps (doesn’t always have to be drastic). Then as the track is playing, you have the filter closed (since the recorded values will take over) and as you turn the knob it’ll cut out for a moment. Very responsive

This Syntakt thing is just PERFECT for your music style right? :slightly_smiling_face:

From the Manual:
The Analog FX block has its own dedicated sequencer track that controls the parameters for the analog drive, multi-mode filter and amp circuits, with its dedicated envelopes and LFOs. The FX track also controls the parameters for the delay and reverb send effects.

So not only can it be p-locked, it has a special dedicated track for doing so :balloon:

5 Likes

FUNC + YES

Thank you for that!

That is very exciting. I will have to check out more videos but that is a great feature

1 Like

True that but… some of us don’t want to use hardware with a computer. Still I think that Syntakt is a very very very nice box :+1:

1 Like

I think this whole master FX block thing is very interesting. I love the analog filter and overdrive on my AR so I love idea of being to “punch” the FX in and out on they routing page and also use the LFOs on the FX block.

4 Likes

The question for me is where can I get one of these things in the US?

1 Like

the real question is why hasn’t Elektron put out any t-shirts like this, Merch department needs to get on the J. o. b.

10 Likes

I would really like the ST Alienship.

1 Like

ST + a second hand DT is probably only 10-15% more costly than a new AR.

1 Like

Not into modular then…?

11 Likes

Wondering this myself.

Exploring the Physical Modeling a lot on this song. Love this box!

7 Likes

I wonder if there’s a Make Noise forum where people are like “$5000 and no polyphony??”

13 Likes

This might be my all-time favorite Groovebox to play Live (Song mode). I’ll know tomorrow.

5 Likes

The MonoMachine, the MachineDrum, the Octatrack and the Rytm all have Machines, too. It’s an Elektron interface pattern for saying “voice architecture for a given track”. Sure, they pick some parameters to expose… but that lets them make small machines with just a handful of knobs, and yet very little menu diving. If you want every parameter exposed, and for most of them to have a dedicated control, you need a lot of knobs and your device becomes a Virus, or similar. The Four seems to be the extreme for what Elektron have tried exposing in the voice architecture and people complain that it’s a bit too menu dive-y. I think it’s pretty impressive they’ve made the knob-grid paradigm work so well over such a wide range of devices, personally,

17 Likes