Introducing Syntakt

I wonder how hard it’s to use. I mean, 30 machines, that’s quite a lot parametres to remember “on the fly”

2 Likes

I will checkout the syntakt at my store in a month.Somehow the engine sounds a bit plastic to me on the Tube. For me it is too much stuff put in this tiny box. Maybe this all in one Groovebox concept isnt the right for me. Better check with my hands and ears before an instant buy

2 Likes

you’ll most likely learn your most preferred machines and when that muscle memory kicks in you only have to focus on the diff machines you add to it in different tunes

I’m so glad Elektron did this. Remember when everyone thought this type of thing would get released as an Os for the Digitakt? It’s basically it. And it suits me so much more than samples. I love having sounds on a box and just getting straight into it, but with the mutational quality of synthesis. And paired with a DN, well, you can free up the Digitone to just focus on sweet synth stuff with the ST just destroying drum duties. So rad. Look forward to the day I grab one :relaxed:

8 Likes

Been eyeing up Machinedrums on ebay… This will do, this will do…
Anyone know what the stock is like? Just pre-ordered from Andertons in the UK

2 Likes

Any word on when they’ll ship?

1 Like

By the way after watching Bo Beats I had an idea… so Octatrack crossfader live is the absolute don and I always wanted performance macros for the digitakt.

Well…

Im going to send a performance macro or two from the Hydrasynth Desktop that sends Mod/Pitch CC’s to the tracks, controlling 4 paramaters each track (i think!)… imagine the sonic capabilities of this in a live set! One Knob + Octatrack Fader = the craziest breakdown and buildups! You could use other machines for this too but Hydra Performance Macros in my case

5 Likes

You can go even further and addionally configure aftertouch and breath control as performance macros. Best thing about it, they can all be combined, so it’s like a 4-dimensional morphing space. I’m really looking forward to do this via midi loopback, using one of the tracks as a midi track on the ST. All this can even be LFOed or p-locked. Should be lots of fun.

3 Likes

yea my ST setup is gonna be midi loopbacked too, then usb into me ipad mini 6 for performance fx n recording.

1 Like

What are you referring to?

Fan hands over the C64 sound

3 Likes

I havent got into expressive midi yet but I should!

2 Likes

looks really cool… one of the first things I thought about those Retrig buttons is that it reminds me of the old RM1x MIDI delay function… which was also really fun…

5 Likes

You should be you don’t necessarily have to get into expressive midi in the traditional sense. All you need is a device (or the ST via midi loopback) that can send cc messages for aftertouch/breath control/mod wheel (via a knob or fader or whatever) as the engines on the ST can be configured to react to those very nicely (as on the DN).

I posted this question before, but it probably got lost in this stream of consciousness…

Does “4 note polyphony” for the MIDI machines mean that I could attach an external MIDI keyboard, record up to 4 note polyphonic lines and send them to an external polysynth? Or is this restricted somehow to the use of the internal Chord machine?

Sorry if this a dumb question, but I don’t have any Elektron boxes yet.

You can’t control internal tracks (which I would love to).

MIDI tracks are actually aimed at controlling external gear.
You can use two (or more) MIDI tracks towards the same gear.
The real nice thing is that you can also control CCs, and thus use ST sequencer to parameter lock your external synth’s filter frequency for instance.

1 Like

It can send 4 notes of polyphony to a midi channel, it can also record it from a midi controller. The only thing is that each step has 4 notes attached to it, so you can’t get super expressive polyphonic lines, since you can’t do notes held for different lengths and things.

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s a pity. I would probably never use all 12 tracks with internal sounds. Using some of those for MIDI sequencing would be awesome, but this sounds very limited.

Does anyone know if the Syntakt can do a convincing supersaw / rave stab? The chord machine on the M:C, from memory, was pretty lacklustre for sharp and cutting sounds.

I might have been unclear: you can use each of the 12 tracks to control a different gear over MIDI. Even 12 at the same time.

2 Likes