Introducing Syntakt

Master compresssor?

1 Like

Congrats to the Elektron team, as I think this is a winner, building on the simplified but playful focus of the Digis, exploring deeper how powerful and flexible a device can be with reduced controls, size and learning curve.

3 Likes

a wee bit afaict, they are also running with 14bit resolution on tuning, which is huge for fine tuning DVCO

3 Likes

Why oh why did I sign up for NGNY :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

5 Likes

This is a wild and cheaper way to get access to some Analog Rytm sounds - especially with mkiā€™s so hard to come by these days.

Very cool.

Would have been nice to have had a 2nd analog voice be able to access the cymbal machines, but I guess you can just roll some digital.

Looking forward to seeing YT videos of this puppy drop over the next couple days!

2 Likes

So the two LFO are not per track, but just two LFOs in the master effects section ?

Notes:

• That AFX is sick

• The LFO waveform editing Edit: picture is Edit: useful. Edit: thought there was something special about LFO waveform editing, but in fact it was just a table of what the waveforms would do. Still nice to have.

• wish AR would get KB Fold for its pads

Itā€™s a very nice bit of kit.

3 Likes

Just tried to order from Elektron and it was declined. Elektron support say its a terriotorial decision from the UK banks to decline overseas purchasesā€¦ Then i saw this.

Nationwide debit card chaos as payments are DECLINED in shops and online (thesun.co.uk)

Oh man!!!

3 Likes

Damn itā€¦ My AR is looking at me now (I only use the analog engine, no samplesā€¦). I do like the toms thoughā€¦

Ordered it. This was a no brainer for me, Iā€™ve been wanting a Machinedrum and/or Monomachine for a few years but couldnt justify those price. Tried the cycles but it didnā€™t feel like it had enough for meā€¦

This is the digital drum machine Ive been wanting for years and Elektron delivered!

11 Likes

VCA - through envelopes/trigs ā€¦ not exactly compression but can transform the audio in radical ways

2 Likes

My own demonstration video is still uploading to YT, butā€¦

Things I love: The machines! The flexibility!

It can be so many things.
8 tracks of Model cycles chord machines with deeper control, 2x LFO per track, full envelopes, dual filters, p-lockable FX track. Or half a Rytm , plus new digital drum synth and bass/lead synth machines.

Or a mix between.

All with a tasty chunk of analog Heat drive, filter, and EG, but p-lockable!

There is an inverted envelope shape in the analog fx that I use as a master compressor. The drive is lovely.
I also love using some of the analog kicks with a bandpass filter for textures. Can even get kinda of vinyl pops and clicks out of these.

Can have you to 3 simultaneous analog DVCO machines.

Let it be known that I am not a fan of the Digi format. Iā€™m a diehard OT MK1 user. However this box is something else all together. It transcends the Digis. I do love it.

61 Likes

I suppose 2 LFOs per track, including the FX track (on the Analogs, and older devices the FX tracks works just like any other track, it seems to be the case here too fortunately)

praying it has retrig and scales on MIDI tracks

How much was it on their site in GBP?

Contact Elektron support and see what they can do for you!

The second LFO maybe.
And the envelope (presumably it is digital).

Looks to be very well thought through. Good work team!

3 Likes

i believe it read 849gbp

1 Like

Congrats on the release @Elektron! Some cool new features here, and it looks like a very deep box that will inspire many.

3 Likes