Introducing Syntakt

It was a bit cruel of them to use the word “Slice” in the teaser video. Still, it is a rad machine!

1 Like

I think sampling here could be addressed by a simple digital machine that does 1 shots, and a looper fx unit for resampling. Don’t know how complex it would be to implement at this point though

Digitakt doesn’t have analog oscillators though.

How ?

Syntakt Analog Drum track features (×3)

15 × selectable machine
6 × Bass drum
4 × Snare drum
2 × Rimshot
1 × Dual VCO synth
1 × Impulse
1 × Noise generator
1 × analog overdrive per track
1 × analog multimode filter per track

1 Like

Lmao come on now

2 Likes

That would be real nifty! But the insides are not the same. :heat:

2 Likes

I love the chord machine implementation. So fast to get what you need without a keyboard. I could use that on my Digitone tbh.

1 Like

I absolutely hated the chord machine on M:C they way I play chords is almost always by feel. Having to actually think about music theory while programming was a major bummer for me… just my two cents though

8 Likes

Interesting. Yes, I was wondering about the interface as I haven’t touched one.

Those syntakt switches are probably super nice and syntaktile.

1 Like

I hated the sound of those HiHat machines when I owned the Rytm MKII. They are the weakest machines IMO. The Cymbals weren’t great either. It seems a lot of Rytm users end up using samples instead of the analog HH/CY machines. I can’t believe these machines have made it across to the Syntakt eight years later.

Looking at the various demos they haven’t improved on these machines at all. The Syntakt does look interesting but I would not be happy with those HiHats in an £850 drum machine, with no option to swap them out with samples.

12 Likes

Its super cool; the Dark Trinity now has a little bro range. It’s also good that they added epic new visuals, the M:C looked super intuitive. The QOL changes are also welcome vs the AR. And of course it doesnt sample; wouldnt make sense.

no slide between P-Locks still?

2 Likes

Not usually a fan of Loopop but he does go kind of in-depth so I checked his out - I was pretty impressed with the variety of synth machines…

4 Likes

This is offensive. :grinning:

8 Likes

That would be absolutely insane

2 Likes

I know I’m the atypical Elektron user but I sequence my Digitone Keys (and RD-9) externally via Pyramid, so adding a full drum machine doesn’t really do much for my workflow. But a hybrid FM/analog box with the same 8-voice polyphony of a Digitone would be pretty interesting if the company ever did a drum-less Syntakt. 2 FM tracks, 2 analog tracks and I’d be all over that

4 Likes

I was the same some years ago. But his channel grew on me. No frills (looking at you Ronnie Chieng) No schills. Always in depth with time stamps.

Edit: I also felt zero gas until I watched his video :flushed:. Was not liking the sound of many of the tracks from Dublab and SoundCloud (dodges the flying tomatoes). Which is odd as I liked the sound of my M:C very much when I had it.

1 Like

Can the different machines be change per step?

1 Like

Yes