Introducing Syntakt

Im old school and prefer song mode to pattern chaining.

3 Likes

also the rytm has a distinct sound which I don´t hear on Syntakt. I ordered one but I think I am keeping the rytm too.

3 Likes

its literally what everyone asked for. a machinedrum (cycles) in a digi box, with an analog rytm included and analog components from the rytm

plus the more complex fx routing and scale modes. they really did listen

are we still realistically expecting a syntone? should i wait?

9 Likes

Already pre-ordered with them. Haha. Their rep said they have a whole bunch on order.

I have no idea if such a device is in store.
But the SY Toy, SY Bits, plus Tone machine are all synth machines, not drum voices.
They all allow you to run 8 mono tracks on the digital side.
Plus 3 DVCO. (the last analog track is a cymbal/hat voice)

Syntakt doesn’t have to be a drum machine for anyone that doesn’t want a drum machine.

9 Likes

Song mode. My brain has a decent version of that so I guess I’m not terribly bothered that every box that comes through my door may not. Or if I need it I can hook it up to Octa or Rytm or Blackbox or…

16 Likes

What is all this Syntone talk? Is that another trademarked name? They probably trademarked both until deciding on Syntakt.

What would a Syntone be: Model:Samples + A4?..would buy.

Either way it won’t be out for awhile.

No No, no no no no, no no no no not-yet

2 Likes

Beats me. I think folks just expect all the Elektrons to come as pairs, with a sibling.

But this is the cousin of all of them. It transcends.

4 Likes

Breaking it down: The Digitakt came first and is a sampler. Then the Digitone which is a synth.

Why a Syntone at all when the Syntakt is already the synth?

i
don
think
so!

no more Trinity!
and i hope syntone will come in the future
analog and digital synthesizer

Enjoy :slight_smile:
Sound demo. More to.come this week.

41 Likes

Stellar stuff as always, @DaveMech

4 Likes

Looks like everything the Digitakt should have been and more. But for me, on no gear pledge. Besides, I want a Rytm MK2 to complete my dark Elektron trilogy in the future.

i hope so!
drum and synth formula
and this one just not part of digiduo

4 Likes

The arp would be even more useful haha. I like to play with the arp length live, the Elektron’s arp is a sequencer on top of the sequencer, really powerful so I want it in all the boxes :wink: Not a big deal though!
The improved AR analog engine is really tempting…

1 Like

I guess that is the Elektron way - limit each product so you have to buy more.

I just realized the significance of 12 tracks.

If you use every track as a Midi track, you’ll have the exact number of Midi tracks to control a Digitakt and a Digitone.

Pretty nifty, Elektron

2 Likes