Introducing Syntakt

No mention of an arpeggiator anywhere in the manual, seem like a weird omission to me. I use p-locked arps all the time. :frowning:

2 Likes

RYTM update by tomorrow

1 Like

Elektron have SOOOOO much crossover between their products now itā€™s hard to distinguish between them IMHO. Syntakt is not a deep synth more a Fanboi product (maybe a bit harsh)!

I really expected something new/innovative. Syntakt will find its owners for sure but its NOT ground breaking and seems a bit boring in terms of features tbh. I own an OT, AR, A4, a M:C and DT Keys (2x Digitakts previously) so know Elektron products well.

This release appears a bit lazy of them, a rehashed A4/M:S engine in an existing format.

Nothing new or groundbreaking, its taken them a LONG time to get this out to market too. Their competitors are moving far faster and are far more innovative. A bit lazy fo Elektron tbh, Iā€™m quite disappointed

Again all my personal opinion and Iā€™m sure plenty will disagree

11 Likes

Nice oneā€¦just heard dave mech demo track on it. Sounded sweet.

Looks like a great box.

Not sure if thisll have the ā€œmacro fx pageā€ like on A4 that i love. One of the missin things from previous ā€œtaktsā€ that i missed. I love to just load a pattern and have instant access to parameters i like to tweak on said pattern.

Be tempted to buy one if so.

its in the manual. get it from elektron site

Put that OT arp to good use!!!

2 Likes

Alright yaā€™ll. Sorry for jumping the gun earlier. Iā€™m an idiot that canā€™t math, and time is just a socially created construct right? Oooof.

But at least it sold @Fin25

Here we go, my comparatively underproduced video:

Recorded direct, no processing whatsoever.

32 Likes

this is a pessimist-myopic view that actually doesnā€™t stack up - if it was driven that way

1. they court losing sales at 1st base
  2. they court losing sales at 2nd base if you didnā€™t baulk at 1)

Take it for what it is, not what it isnā€™t :wink:

itā€™s a creative product, not a tin of soup :thup:

9 Likes

Only Elektron?

1 Like

put me down on the disagree with you list :slight_smile:

best elektron since OT imo.

9 Likes

Well, I need one. That is allā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m kind of relieved, itā€™s a very cool unit. But, I donā€™t feel I need it. Maybe later, if there was a Syntakt UW, with a stereo sample playback engine. But, what an awesome piece of hardware for people starting out a studio from scratch. Or for a single unit for live PA, maybe even with a Volca Sample or even SP-404 plumbed in into the inputs.

2 Likes

This looks great but still no slides? :cry:

Would have also been nice to have more fx options. Oh well I will still probably buy this.

Thanks mate. Will check your video as well this evening :slight_smile: but chaos here with my daughter at the moment haha.

1 Like

So basicallyā€¦ Rytm & M:C had a baby but because of genetic defects it was born without pads. :joy:

2 Likes

For those who buy Heats just for clean boost they might as well buy this and get a sequencer and a lot more as bonus.

6 Likes

This looks awesome, I just really wish it were polyphonic on the digital synth voices (also: arp).

analog heat is asking for a paternity test too

7 Likes

No pads, but the trig modifiers help a lot in this regard. There is a dedicated velocity lane. So you can hammer out a sequence on a track with 4 different velocities.
Also a retrig lane, and two mod lanes.

But now i need xtra ty-rapps and another woodwork stand

3 Likes