Introducing Syntakt

So track1 can play a different digital machine per step, and track9 do the same for the analogs?

1 Like

seems like the new modifier idea could possibly develop in future updates. lots of scope for more creative performance controls with them.

I don’t see a mention of “machine locks” in the manual, but perhaps someone who has actually used one can comment. [Edit: see “Sound Locks”, page 42.]

2 Likes

You know when neutral gets on your nerves… :innocent:

That is very true, its a shame for such an instrument that the hihat engine is so lackluster. That there is noworkaround here to exchange the sound here is really a problem Ok the noise engine is the workaround. But a real missed oportunity here as HH is with Kick the most important sound.

1 Like

What about some chiptune?

41 Likes

THIS is what I’ve been waiting for

2 Likes

I asked about this earlier in the thread but it was so fast moving then… Hopefully someone can answer now. I’m especially interested for the analog machines.

I’m guessing the answer is no. I don’t see it in the manual. M:C has it, AR does not. [Edit: wrong, the answer is yes, see below.]

1 Like

I get a lot of mileage out of the metallic hat and cymbal machines, and I think here they get closest yet to 606 style hats.

But for those who that’s still not enough (TR-909 hats were samples anyway) you can use the digital Alloy HH instead, which does sound different than M:C’s hats, especially when you modulate it.
And you can use Track 12 for cowbell, utility/noise, midi, etc.). I find myself layering the analog hats, digital hats, and noise, with lots of modulation there is plenty of capability. Not as easy as loading up a sample, though.

But I get it, I’m super picky about hats too. Rarely are synthesized hats from any machine pleasing to me. 606/AcidlabDrumatix are about the only ones I love dry. TT-606 I had to run through a Moog drive pedal. I especially dislike Arturia and MFB hats. There’s no accounting for taste. I’m just glad it’s got 12 tracks for layering.

9 Likes

Pg 42, 9.10.2 Sound Locks:
You can change a track’s sound to another sound (that uses the same voice type) > from the Sound pool on any individual sequencer step.

Assuming it’s like the AR, you pick a Sound that fits the track, and it plays, regardless of which Machine produces the Sound. My further assumption is that “same voice type” means one of (Analog|HiHat|Digital). I ought to read the manual more deeply but I can’t be bothered :wink:

4 Likes

Huangs video is very good also. The modifier “tracks” from all appearances seem wonderful.

2 Likes

Good, thank you, I will edit my earlier comment to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve got a enough theory to have an idea of ‘what might be good’ but I’m useless at remembering the keys :man_shrugging:

I need a nice chart. Or tattoos on the inside of my left arm.

I’m surprised you have time for music what with your search to avenge your wife

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thank God you got that reference or things could have gotten awkward REALLY fast!

5 Likes

This is why me asking, it would be amazing :wink:

Can anyone with the machine verified it? :wink:

Any chances to parameter lock different machines along the same track? I’m interested in both cases, abalog and digital.