Introducing Syntakt

Chord machine is not Syntakt (nor Model:Cycles) strongest point IMO.
But you can use other machines to program chords: you will need several tracks though.

A Retrokit RK002 cable might make things easier, splitting an incoming chord over different tracks you’ll setup beforehand with the same sound.

4 Likes

I have a feeling that it’s a bit more powerful than it initially lets on. I’m just not a synth wiz yet.

I wish you could trigger different timing of chord note like the Roland J6.

That cable would be cool to experiment with though.

decent innings

1 Like

Definitely. And you can use it with midi loopback, hence play “poly” standalone with Keyfold mode…

Woah. Nice. Sounds like I should have got one of those instead of a Blokus MidiHub. I’m sure the MidiHub will prove to be useful when I have a larger set-up (I have loads of gear, just not space or time)… but I use my Syntakt on the move mostly, so the Retrokits sounds more useful to me.

1 Like

Alto Music in the US has them at the $799 new price.

Plus it earns 15% “alto bucks” toward a future purchase. ($119.85, make sure to use the code in the banner)

2 Likes

I think as folks are speculating in other threads that we’re looking at compression, and that the vinyl sim sound might even be noise pumping through it. Sounds good!

2 Likes

Well why what’s the point?

There are other machines for sampling

2 Likes

What was the price in US before?

$999

That’s a solid reduction

Smaller and less expensive than the Rytm but otherwise meh. I pass and get Rytm instead but that is just me.

2 Likes

I have Rytm mk2 and I had Syntakt which I returned

Syntakt sounds better but Rytm is more fun

1 Like

Did you have the compression and distortion cranked up on the Rytm? I betcha fed into heat it sounds better than Syntakt.

I’d bet that Syntakt fed into heat would also sound better than Syntakt :stuck_out_tongue:

It also has a few things that set it apart from the Rytm, like the digital machines and the FX block, which is a pretty unique feature imo. I did think of getting the Rytm instead but those two features alone made the Syntakt win for me.

5 Likes

RYTM sample lock, sound lock, sample chain with a lot better interface with scene lock, performance pads, makes it a lot more playable in my opinion, on mk2 there is sampling too. I am still a bit grumpy about the hh engine ob the syntakt, they should improve that engine first. (ok it sucks on the rytm aswell, but there are samples to fill that hole.)

2 Likes

Well isn’t the Syntakt like a gimped Digitakt with more tracks and no sampling? That is how it comes across to me. I’m happy now with my OT, A4, DN and AH combo. May add a Rytm or some other high end drum and bass synth to the mix next year or after that.

What do you mean by this? One is a synth and the other is a sampler. Two totally different sound sources. Neither is meant to be a version of the other.

6 Likes

Never mind. I still prefer Rytm over Syntakt in spite of the larger size and cost.

1 Like