Introducing Syntakt

I feel the same. There’s just something lacking about the sound. If I had to describe the Syntakt sound with one word, it’d have to be “thin”. Or maybe “artificial”. If I’m generous, I’d call it “otherworldly”. But it’s not the world that gets me curious to explore.

2 Likes

Anyone know why the ST does not have the same arpeggiator function as the digitone or OT?

do you think this may come in time? it seems like such a strange ommission, since many people also use the syntakt for basslines

2 Likes

Often talked about around the forum. Elektron seem to put arps into their “synths” and retrig into their “drum machines”. And the OT has both because it’s the best and oldest.

tnx and sorry I came late to the party (i suspected it was already discussed somewhere in the 2500 posts in this topic).

that sounds like i can stop hoping for an arp in the ST.
luckily I also have an OT, so I can use the OT arp to sequence the ST. At least, this should be technically possible, havent tried it yet

No worries.

Personally, I find hoping for updates is a bad practice that leads to frustration and stress. A gentle “want” and maybe a message to the feature request email address is good tho’.

Should work, yes. The MIDI arp is well featured. You’ll get the MIDI LFOs too…

3 Likes

So, ST should have both too.

3 Likes

Synths: not only arps, but also voice-sharing chords!
:yum:

3 Likes

The Syntakt really needs both. And a chorus. Come on, just copy/paste some code from the Digitone please, Elektron. :pray:

1 Like

I believe cranking this in the actual UX is actually more challenging, even if of course preserving computation power might be a thing.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re right. I’m just wishing. The customer is always right and all that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Syntakt : Drum Computer & Synthesizer. :wink:

6 Likes

Consider me schooled.

3 Likes

I guess could be accessed through the sound menu

Probably rinsed to death already, but how are the Syntakt kicks like? Maybe compared to Jomox, because that’s what people compare every kick to these days.

I had an XBASE 09, 20 years ago, liked the kick, but I found the MBASE 11 really bad (bought 2 years ago, I had Analog Rytm before). I sold it after 1 hour of tests. Unusable for me because of pitch settings. I don’t think XBASE 09 kick was that bad. I also had an AIRBASE 99, kick was worse than XBASE’s.

Syntakt analog kicks are much more versatile, I prefer them, you can get powerfull kicks. Digital kicks are good too. You can make kicks with most of ST machines (harder with cymbals !).

2 Likes

The kicks are my favorite sounds of the Syntakt. They are powerful and punchy but can also be softer. But imo the typical Mbase Kicks can’t be done with other hardware.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers people.
Seems it’s not as bad as I thought, as I had the impression people bashed it at first.
I don’t need THE strongest kicks in on the planet because I use a little saturation and distortion on drums anyhow.
The workflow lures me more than that of Jomox.

In case anyone is still on the fence, there’s currently a Syntakt deal at Thomann (799 €).

3 Likes

Just saw Elektron posted about the sale on the Syntakt on IG; they explicitly state that we should “stay tuned for upgrade super powers”…

Let the rampant speculation begin!

6 Likes

Instagram ?
Quote ? (No Instagram link please)