Introducing Syntakt

It feels very much like a “Greatest Hits” album of all the boxes that came before it.

It also feels much snappier in use than the DT/DN and even the M:C - I’m assuming it’s more powerful under the hood (I’m not brave enough to take it apart to look!).

2 Likes

Will there be a sample machine, sample playback or resample including the input ??

I keeps debating. This or the rytm. For me, personally, the form factor of this is amazing. Adding sample playback completes this box to the stratosphere.

Do they add it in an update ? OS version 1.0. I think I got a lot of OS updates to find out.

Everything is sounding the same in the demos so far though. Fartty fm bass sounds.

1 Like

Any demos pushing the syntakt to it’s extremes? I wanna here the LFO maxed out on something it shouldn’t be, the distortion all the way up, how the delay feedback overdrives into it’s own tones…

youtubing “syntakt harsh”, “syntakt distortion”, “syntakt noise”… nothing! c’mon :smiley:

That’s awesome. Starting to be very interested in this box.

1 Like

from my own distant recollections, the tuning was bang on until the final two tones of its permissible range … so up to the A# or B of the second or third octave up, only then, after that, it was getting flat, iirc

One of the elektron guys, when asked “how much memory does it have” answered “not a lot”. From that I’d infer there wouldn’t be much chance of storing lots of samples for playback. But :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

and no polyphony for a thousand bucks…

2 Likes

Yeah, that one got me the most. Calls the Syntakt basic and all the music he made with it (and before it) is basic as fuck.

Say what you want about Andrew Huang and RMR on objective reviews and what not but at least they are very talented in music production.

6 Likes

Yeah. I figured it’s a dream. And I like to dream.

@Elektron we don’t need to store sample libraries.

Would be amazing to layer samples with this machine all in one. Or resample for new sounds…

1 Like

It has the same 1GB +drive I believe.

Maybe I’m a snob but I find the vast majority of gear related content to be pretty basic and tasteless, regardless of what synth it is.

The silver boxes probably have the best hit ratio of “wow that sounds great” to me, but even then I’m talking about maybe half a dozen videos culled over the last 10+ years. Point being you won’t know what this thing is capable of until you try it yourself, or at least until normal users get it en masse.

5 Likes

This is the thing for me. Seems a cheapo.

…which would never ever fill with patches only :man_shrugging:t2:

On the Syntakt or do you mean AR? My AR is off in one octave. Elektron told me that this is normal and that it is about 1 quarter tone off in an octave

Not gonna happen, then rytm is dead

My experience has been…
“The squeaky wheel gets replaced”
its cheaper and it’s new

The chords thing is putting me off a bit here. Then again, my Digitone was all packed up for sale, and now it’s back on the desk.

2 Likes

A little disappointed they didn’t send one to Autechre…what they did with the MD…

:man_facepalming:t5: c’mon. So many people do sick shit. you can’t give it to everyone. good to change up the rotation a little from time to time?

2 Likes

wrt the Syntakt - seemed close enough for jazz for the most part, just the last two notes accessible (it’s capped) were showing any issue

it may not be the mono to end all monos range wise, but it sounds mighty indeed and appears to be better for such synth duties than the AR

I love this guys reviews of other peoples music. SO disingenuous. To afraid to give anyone under a 7/10.

His thumbnail makes it as if he’s hyper critical. Most of the stuff is about a 4/10

And he got a Syntakt!? I guess his little silver plaque got him some gear. :frowning:

send one to @waftlord @Unifono @trytykee and @glitched and on YT Rick Tinez

1 Like