Introducing Octatrack MKII

Note regarding Mem Config:
After making changes to mem config including bit depth, you need to power cycle the machine to hear your projects samples… Or you can save the project, change mem config, then reload project…
It’s a confirmed mk1 bug that’s still around… :open_mouth:

9 Likes

This JUST HAPPENED TO ME. Literally 6 minutes ago.

You’re good!

4 Likes

Great idea !
“Honey, as I told you, I bought a new pair of flip flops ! :gift:
“Great honey ! I’m busy…”
Yes !

7 Likes

Daniel Troberg posted a new video featuring OT Mk2:

4 Likes

Anybody know what’s up with this. Happens when I remove a cord from A,B,C,D jacks.
Doesn’t seem to reset. Nothing is on. Nothing plugged into B. A is off completely (acid box)

1 Like

looks related to: Octatrack MKII / INPUT C/D LED blinking without any input and nothing

the cable termination peaks the meters, and a power cycle is required to reset the meters

“its a known bug… will be addressed in a future firmware update”

4 Likes

Thanks Adam. Can one of you guys explain something to me? I have my Avalon bassline on a track and have effects running. I have this on input A and the mixer is set to gain 0 and DIR is set to lowest. Works fine, effects heard.

Now I have my A4 hooked up to C and D. But no matter how high I turn up the gain, I can’t hear it, unless I turn up DIR.
Any ideas? I have the assigned through track set to A+B I believe. I’m also only running 1 pa speaker out of the OT at the moment.

As I understand it. DIR = direct meaning not routed through any track. Just straight through to the main outs.

Thru track needs a trig on step one.

5 Likes

Thanks, forgot about that.

1 Like

Classic one :smiley:

If I may, I think you’d better avoid “A+B” (that sums the stereo and can bring phase pb) and choose “A B”, which keeps the stereo signal as is.

1 Like

It’s out. Who’s first?

Octatrack OS 1.30B — Nov 1, 2017
OS 1.30B introduces trig conditions for MKI and a few bug fixes for MKI / MKII. For a full list of changes, see the documentation included with the upgrade zip-file.

2 Likes

Yep installed on my MKI. :thup:

I already forgot breakfast.

1 Like

I should be at work since 4 hours !

3 Likes

I update my MK1 to the MK2 ! and I’m very happy… so far so good
Just received this morning :rofl:

Edit : wow I did not think that the new buttons would be as good, the workflow is greatly improved

12 Likes

@JOB I wondering by how many… I will search specifications here and there to have an answer. And maybe get a magnifier at some point if it appears to be a problem to my eyes especially in Live situation…

Seem to be 55 x 29 millimeters (speaking about the screen size informations feedback not the plastic plate around) for the Octatrack MK2 I will ask a friend to make the measurement for the OT MK1

But seems to be the exact same size in both OT MK1 and OT MK2 specifications in the manual :
128 × 64 pixel LCD screen
128 × 64 pixel OLED screen

Edit :
OT MK1 appears to be 65 x 32 millimeters

1 Like

I’m absolutely digging the mk2 after selling my mk1 a few years back. I find the labels on the knobs for the audio editor scrolling invaluable. So this time around I’m actually sampling all the time.
The audio quality of the eurorack modules (Plonk) is incredible. So clear and punchy. When sampled into OT and played back it sounds just like the original.
I’m going to stick to the OT for drums / groove, I find I can control / sculpt the whole sound much better than I could with Rytm.
File handling on the OT is just so good compared with other Elektron boxes. It’s a big plus.

6 Likes

Having a blast with mine. Haven’t even scratched the surface yet, but 3 weeks or so in, I’m pretty happy with my progress.

4 Likes

That’s hilarious !

2 Likes

I was super excited about the MK2 but I think mine is a lemon. I can’t use it for more than 5 minutes at a time without some horrible static noise coming out the mains. And as of a couple days ago, it started sending uninitiated midi start and stop commands to my other midi gear.

The Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is on its way.

I didn’t ask for a replacement. I have plenty of sequencers and samplers.