Introducing Octatrack MKII

lol very cool here is my attempt at a vaguely relevant celebratory image …

3 Likes

oh snap

1 Like

I dont know man, the AK/A4 share the same software but have different hardware no? I dont think anyone was expecting conditional trigs and that happened, has elektron explicitly stated that the new OT will be incapable of it? I think I read no plans for overbridge.
I think it doesnt really matter what elektron say anyway, they will do what makes sense and is profitable, and if theyre doing a re-release with a hardware upgrade and a software upgrade whilst theyre already working on overbridge for a similar sampler I reckon it only makes sense they’d do it. Its easily the biggest hole in the OT and it would undoubtedly be a game changer. A lot of companies are big on integration right now, I dont think its that crazy an idea, time will tell.

I completely doubted it myself, I joked about it, but now I think why not y’know. If it doesnt happen ill still be more than happy, but ill probably wonder why forever. Im trying to look at it from a logical standpoint, not just trying to will my desires into reality

Cenk would only say “no plans for Overbridge”, but then …

1 Like

Wow… I guess that a lot of people here found a reconversion in graphic design :joy:

I think I see here (not in this thread) a picture uploaded in 6000 X 4000 so let me tell you something… and Elektronauts the website will thank you, you must to pay attention to that, that’s the next step in web design :joy:

Upload a picture with 700 pixels for the largest side … (Each post here in 700px wide.) it’s large enough.
Eventually if you think people will want to see it in full screen put it at 1200px and you cover all scenario.

Put it in JPEG compressed to 60% and we limit Elektronauts to becoming too slow at some point :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t sure if Elektronauts use a CDN to serve your media uploads :stuck_out_tongue:
(I checked the links and it’s not served by a CDN so optimize your media upload first should be a great idea rather to upload your DSLR picture in JPEG Fine full size uncompressed here…)

just sayin’…

2 Likes

Good, sick of hearing about OB.
But I’m only interested in hardware.

2 Likes

Ah man, I only saw cenks posts, sucks. Call me crazy but im still not writing off the possibility. im not banking on it but we were also told that the OT was filled to the brim and would never gain new features, a man can dream. Im bemused that for some reason or another that it was deemed a better idea to not include it, especially when so many people will pay for it. Perhaps there are troubles involved that are beyond my comprehension, either way I trust that theyre doing the right thing.

3 Likes

Ditto, seems bizarre to me that they’d do a MK2 of the OT and not include overbridge. Such a glaring omission for the OT as a studio tool, you’d think they would have found a way. Then again, if it was a planned feature they surely would have announced it by now to boost sales…

2 Likes

Seeing as OB is still not available for Digitakt months after release, it’s becoming clear OB is not a priority for Elektron. And to be honest, I think that is good. Elektron should focus on hardware.

9 Likes

yeah man, totally … hardware is where it’s at. :heart_eyes:

the Trig Conditions are achievable via clever outer shell trickery, without touching the internal data-oriented classes nor changing the main program in any way. very savvy. highly desirable. :sunglasses:

Overbridge addition would involve opening the entire Octatrack’s operating system program in the code editor and creating data classes to initiate contact with the computer, prepare and buffer 8 streams of 16 or 24 bit conduits of stereo audio data. Not happening, is my guess. :eyeglasses:

a similar tool to octatrack will be created next to rytm and four
more mixer based, endless audio possibilities, better fx and full OB support

thats why these rytm and four are thet big now
let’s call it 16 track (or SedekTrack)
price 2400 euro

1 Like

maybe the Overbridge technology on a new Elektron device could accept data streams via usb … the super usb sampler mixer with discrete mosfet circuitry, diode and triode harmonic drive options, dual stage valve preamps, multiband compressor.

but yes i would prefer to share audio data between Elektron instruments, rather than to computer.

1 Like

I think OB for OT would cost Elektron an incredible amount of money to develop- when the OB for DT, A4mk2 and ARmk2 drop, they’ll have to have a significant amount of purchases before they’d even CONSIDER it. I’m not writing off the potential for OB- I’m just predicting that the market won’t allow it based on the testimony of this forum.

I think it’s good that they’re charging for OB. It’s a great technology- and Elektron should be bringing in some resources from it.

#Hope

1 Like

i’m hoping for a Digitakt mkII in 2021 with all the features of the Octatrack, except with a totally reimagined timestretching algorithm concept, and all the quality of the new breed non-linear digital to audio domain programming of the Digitakt.

perhaps i ought to limit my anticipation to the current new machines on offer.

rather than decide between the Digitakt and the OTmkII, i chose both.

I was running them off the digi to the OT

with the new colour scheme, a combination of Machinedrum, Monomachine, and Octatrack mkII could be the silver trinity.

4 Likes

I’d prefer 8 stereo outs to OB. But I guess we will see what the future holds.

6 Likes

Maybe will be a 50 shades of grey Elektron setup at the end…

3 Likes

I can’t understand why the hell they wouldn’t make all the MKII’s the same color grey.