Introducing Octatrack MKII

Nothing to discuss unfortunately.
Same product in a new grey suit really.
Check out the million threads and demos on mk1 for info

1 Like

Yeah but this is the same company that released the A4 only to reveal the +drive weeks later. Just sayinā€™.

1 Like

Wishful thinking but itā€™s great to live in hope.
Hopefully they will announce OB to OT mk2 :grinning:

2 Likes

Sorry to fan the fire a bit hereā€¦
but oh, elektron :sob: Such a missed opportunity!

Here, I fixed it for you:

Seriously folks, can you imagine if there were TWO!?:flushed:

6 Likes

Would be fiddly tho, if the were next to each other like thatā€¦ Youā€™d easily faff up and move em both

2 Likes

Very seriously, because I think about a 2nd OT MkI. :smile:
One could control both.

2 Likes

That would be confusing as fuck tbh, the featureset is bloated enough as it is! Nice shop though :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can upgrade your OT with this :
http://www.gugabox.com/v3/morph4.html

Well, if you ask @guga gently/often enough :smiley:

Maybe a kickstarter for this one would be a good idea !

3 Likes

I agree, only because I own all the mk1s and trying to make myself feel better :grin:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think we can argue that Tempest was discontinued. There was a new Tempest release just days ago. Theyā€™ve been making regular public beta releases over the last 12 months or so.

2 Likes

All I heard was that it was discontinued. The rest I was just being dramatic about for effect. I would have thought that meant an end to OS updates too. I did have a Tempest for many years. I liked it. But it always felt half baked. Loved the pads, scales and using it as a poly. Never gelled with the drum synth side. Too easy to completely change a drum sound into a not drum sound

One thing interests me a lot with the new OT is that third rec button. If clearing a PM recording slot is now one button press vs 2 combo presses plus two regular presses (minimum) that is huge for live performance for me.

4 Likes

Me, too. I use pickup machines the most, and that button combo to clear the recording bufferā€¦ whew! tricky to do with one hand playing elsewhere.

1 Like

Is there a Midi CC for to clear the buffer, hmmm

hmmm true! I guess if you were going for just the top one, youā€™d have to maybe pin your thumb on the bottom fader to keep it from messing upā€¦ or maybe use a foot or your nose or something.:sunglasses: extended technique.

@sezare56 DO IT!! get two!!!

@Anfim yeah i reckon it would. I donā€™t have OT, only had a deep dive in the manual and played with it in shopsā€¦ but it DOES seem like so much in there. I think I would constantly be forgetting what I had locked in the scenes. Iā€™d have to label them with post-it notes hanging off the faceplate or something.

1 Like

In fact, crossfader is useless. I removed it for a pinup. :smile:

1 Like

Musiciansfriend has them up for preorder already. Their date is set for September 5th.

For me, I think Elektron will release these around the 24th to 27th of August like how the Digitakt was released for the month of May.

I actually had a go at one of these, just the other week. Quite an attractive upgrade, Iā€™d say. Itā€™s amazing what a screen and a few lights will do to make you want something you already own.

But yes, definitely a worthy MKII.

9 Likes

Iā€™m very interested in it, but thereā€™s still not enough information about future updates and if thereā€™s going to be any. Is the octatrack mkii feature complete at launch for example?

Thanks for your comment, andreasromanā€¦

Would you care to share any other observations as a seasoned OT user? Did it seem that the workflow was streamlined by the new changes?

Iā€™ve one of these on preorder to be a companion to my DT (Iā€™m a new Elektron userā€¦).

Thanks in advanceā€¦